The Concert Thread

I hear air taxis are a little cheaper per block than little black London taxis.

o kay I'm a little behind on my concert reviews here, let's see, where did I leave off.. I think with Ace Frehley, yea, so here goes:

The VH tribute band "Romeo Delight" were good at the rock record expo, but I was getting annoyed at how long they took to start, supposed to play at 12:30 and didn't play till like 1:15, but they were good nonetheless, but left out a lot of great VH songs I wanted to hear

and then later that day, H20, Wisdom in Chains, Death Threat, and Cock Sparrer were good, ugh that was a cold night, I spent most of the show upstairs since they had the front door open, brrrr:eek:

and Lagwagon were just as great as always, and Sully Erna was excellent

and so that's the end of the 2014 concert year for me, here's the 2015 one so far:

2/26: Brett Scallions, singer of Fuel, live acoustic at the Keswick

3/7: One Night of Queen

3/14: ZZ Top(rescheduled show from 10/17)

Great thanksgiving weekend. Slayer/ST/Exodus was great! Slayer played an amazing set over 90 minutes. ST played a good 45 minutes and really got the crowd going. Exodus only got 6 songs. The new stuff came off well live and it was great to see Steve Sousa.

Death to all show the next night was amazing. Great to see Massacre again for the first time in almost 25 years. Short set but awesome. Obituary totally killed! 10 songs and a bunch off Slowly we rot and a couple of new songs.
Death was amazing. I don't know who that vocalist was but he nailed it big time. I hadn't seen Death since 1990. They played a ton of stuff I'd never heard live before. Overall a great show.

Now on to Red Dragon Cartel. A couple of good openers overall. Jake E. Lee was right on the money. They opened with Ultimate sin which was great. They played a few tracks from badlands and a few off the new album. Other Ozzy tracks were Now you see it now you don't, and closed it out with bark at the moon. I have to get that new album.

Tomorrow night, Thrash band Toxik out in Queens, NY. Real good band.

ZZ top! I gotta finally see them next year. How was wisdom in chains? I've been seeing that name on all the big bills but never saw them.

you'll hopefully get to see them sometime in 2015, looks like their U.S. tour will be either summer or fall, since they're in Europe in spring

Yes, but with different bands. The Night Watch, the Dead Crew of Oddwood, and Swashbuckle. American bands, all three.

Rainbowdragoneyes is bloody weird, and I don't think he was that well received when I saw him in Birmingham, as somebody flipped him off and spat at him.

Stay classy, Birmingham!

Last edited:
Rainbowdragoneyes is bloody weird, and I don't think he was that well received when I saw him in Birmingham, as somebody flipped him off and spat at him.

Stay classy, Birmingham!

The world is not ready for Extreme Chiptune Dance Metal. Leeds wasn't as hostile to him. Plenty of people did the 'hook' action thing.

For anyone here on the U.S. East Coast- the lineup to the annual "M3 Rockfest" at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia MD(Baltimore suburb) will be announced tomorrow.. It will be Friday May 1st and Saturday May 2nd, and, according to some leaked rumors, Europe are headlining this year.. but, we'll wait & see the truth tomorrow... This fest is a fun time for anyone who has never been to it- http://m3rock.webs.com/

Just over three weeks to Amon Amarth. I need to look at other stuff I can go to this year, there's nothing else on the horizon at the moment.

Back