Going:
Machine Head 3/8/15

Want to go:
Nightwish and Sabaton 4/24/15
Hellyeah 2/10/15

Being hopeful:
Iron Maiden
Dream Theater

I guess I'm seeing Annihilator too, in October. Struck a deal with a friend that I'll go with him to Annihilator concert if he goes with me to Motörhead concert :D Motörhead's playing in another city, would've been super boring going alone...

I saw them in 2007. They didn't exactly blow me away.

Going:
Machine Head 3/8/15

Want to go:
Nightwish and Sabaton 4/24/15
Hellyeah 2/10/15

Being hopeful:
Iron Maiden
Dream Theater

Nice list. I decided to skip Machinehead but I hope to catch them next time around. I'm thinking about checking out Hell Yeah though. Saw them once at Gigantour and I liked them

I saw them in 2007. They didn't exactly blow me away.

Really? I came so close to seeing them in '89 opening for Testament. My friend made me late and there was a line going for 2 blocks so I couldn't get in till testament was on. I hate him forever because of that :D. That would've been the best tour to catch them on too.

Really? I came so close to seeing them in '89 opening for Testament. My friend made me late and there was a line going for 2 blocks so I couldn't get in till testament was on. I hate him forever because of that :D. That would've been the best tour to catch them on too.

Yeah, the difference is, in 1989 they were bloody brilliant. I'm not saying they were bad when I saw them, but I was underwhelmed.

Looking forward to seeing these in Leeds, in March. I've been watching to see one of their shows for a few years now.

:)

Saw them in 2010. Great show. They did Sheep, Dogs and Pigs and I was very happy :)
They did their own thing on the latter half on Set the controls...which was real heavy metal and sounded Dream Theateresque. Their musicians are awesome, and it shows when they decide to stray a bit from spot-on Floyd covers.

I was really fired up for that show. Venue was opened a year earlier, and I was working as a contractor while it was under construction. I happened to be at work there in the middle of the night, while the place was empty, but sound guys just finished with their work and decided to try out the PA...using One Of These Days. Incredible stuff.

I expected that kind of energy from the Aussie Floyd. and they delivered. Highly recommended gig.

Hmmm.....it's expensive.
32777.gif

Any Zebra fans? Going to see them in April. Next month the fit is gonna hit the shan with all the spring tour dates. The Watain/Mayhem show was great last week for all you black metal fans out there. Definitely worth it.

Love Zebra, their first album is classic.

Watain/Revenge is tonight in Denver. I wanted to go but wasn't able to. :( Great bill though! Even the opening band, Revenge, is really awesome.

Yeah I never get tired of seeing Zebra. They put on such a great show. They only do about a handful of shows each year so I'm fortunate enough to catch one or 2 of them. Sorry you missed the Watain show. For me it was kind of a last minute thing. I was a little low on money, but said screw it and got the ticket a couple of days before. I was into Revenge. I like their style. Real heavy. I heard Mayhem was having some visa issue so luckily they made it down for that show.

I don't think Zebra has ever hit my neck of the woods, I suppose they keep it in the east coast for the most part? They really should've made it bigger though, one of the best power trios. Very much like Triumph but I think they're way more exciting to listen to.

Watain/Mayhem would've been a last minute thing for me too. Didn't even hear about their show until last week! Would've been a good one but there are going to be plenty of other good concerts this year. Fingers crossed for Maiden 2015. :D

Yeah Zebra shows are very limited. They always do New York twice a year which is where I live. And maybe one or two other random shows in another state but that's about it. I felt they should've been huge. They usually fill up the theater they play at with all the long island, NY fans that saw them since the 70's. I"m sure there's lots of fans around the country that would love to see them also. But yeah, we definitely have some big things coming for the spring. There is every year. I totally see Maiden coming. It has to happen! lol

Clutch just announced a co-headlining tour with Mastodon. I'll have to check that out. Clutch is awesome live. Not a huge Mastodon fan, but I guess I give 'em some spins before the show in May.

Wow, they're doing Red Rocks out here. I love the new Mastodon album, I may have to go to this one!

Back