The Concert Thread

I regret the Maiden tours I only did one gig on. Although on AMOLAD i saw 6 over the two legs, and thought that was a bit much.

I did 2 gigs on the GMETID but only started going to multiple gigs by default on the AMOLAD tour (3 shows over the two legs). I did 4 shows on the SBIT tour in 2008, 8 shows on the TFF tour (3 in 2010, 5 in 2011 - this perhaps was a bit too much), 4 shows on the ME tour (3 in 2013 and 1 in 2014), 4 shows on the TBOS tour (1 in 2016 and 3 in 2017) and 2 shows on the LOTB tour.

8 shows on the TFF tour (3 in 2010, 5 in 2011 - this perhaps was a bit too much)

Was it a case that you kind of new everything about the show and set list too well by the later gigs? That was the case for me on AMOLAD and I think that was exacerbated a bit by the set list being based on the whole album.

I do go to more than one Maiden gig per tour and really enjoy the experience of seeing the band in different venues/cities/countries.
I simply don't understand it - but each to their own I guess.
If it's a band playing a small venue (say, 500 people or so) two nights in a row, and you meet them both times afterwards for a chat and a drink, I get that - but (current)* Maiden?
[*If I had the opportunity to see them in London in the 70s then yes, for sure, but now?]
Seriously, I'm not trying to start an argument or something but really trying to understand - how can you guys go and see the same set with mostly the same witticisms from BD again and again, and, more importantly, genuinely enjoy it?

I simply don't understand it - but each to their own I guess.
If it's a band playing a small venue (say, 500 people or so) two nights in a row, and you meet them both times afterwards for a chat and a drink, I get that - but (current)* Maiden?
[*If I had the opportunity to see them in London in the 70s then yes, for sure, but now?]
Seriously, I'm not trying to start an argument or something but really trying to understand - how can you guys go and see the same set with mostly the same witticisms from BD again and again, and, more importantly, genuinely enjoy it?

The same way you can enjoy watching a fantastic film over and over again, but with the added bonus of the whole thing being live?

My then girlfriend (now wife) said to me after the 4th and final show we went to see on the SBIT tour that it was a shame not to see them again.

As you say, each to their own!

Last edited:
Was it a case that you kind of new everything about the show and set list too well by the later gigs? That was the case for me on AMOLAD and I think that was exacerbated a bit by the set list being based on the whole album.

I think it was mostly due to the fact that the band were knackered by the end of the UK tour in 2011.

how can you guys go and see the same set with mostly the same witticisms from BD again and again, and, more importantly, genuinely enjoy it?

I said in another thread, I've yet to see Maiden play bad. Also, for me a second or third gig is going to be travelling to a different country so it's more than just a run of the mill gig.

I think it was mostly due to the fact that the band were knackered by the end of the UK tour in 2011.

Yes the 2011 gig in Belfast was the worst of the times I've seen them, although still good. Bruce wasn't singing great and also seemed to be in a mood possibly because the police wouldn't let him wave the flag.

Not within the same week or month, however. I mean, there are a lot of books I like to re-read but not the same book twice in a row.
Thank you for your response though! :)

The main difference being that when the tour is over you do not get the chance to see it again. Seize the day!

Also, for me a second or third gig is going to be travelling to a different country so it's more than just a run of the mill gig.
Ok, maybe I could get that as well, but several times in the same country? Still beyond me. :S
Oh and thank you for your response as well srfc.

Ok, maybe I could get that as well, but several times in the same country? Still beyond me. :S

With the exception of the times I have seen the band play 2 gigs in London (2006, 2011, 2017, 2018), whenever I have seen them in the UK the trip has combined seeing the band with tourism visiting places I had not been to yet.

When I travel abroad is no exception; let's say the Maiden gigs are excuses to visit nice places (e.g. visit to Norway and Sweden in 2008).

Back