The Chemical Wedding vs. War Of Words

Which album do you like the most?

• Fight - War Of Words (1993)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Siddharth

Long Distance Trooper
Both albums having Metal's greatest vocalists - Bruce Dickinson (The Chemical Wedding) and Rob Halford (Fight - War Of Words)

Both were released when the vocalists were not a part their main acts (Iron Maiden and Judas Priest)

Both the records follow a groove metal approach, a stylistic shift from their previous works.

Both have one more member from their previous band (Adrian Smith with Bruce and Scott Travis in Fight)

Both are cult classics from their time period.

Enough similarities between the two. Now YOU decide!

The_Chemical_Wedding.jpg
Vs.
Fight_-_War_of_Words.jpg

The chemical wedding is a classic, very solid album. Bruce at his best outside of Maiden.

War of words have great moments, but a bit too much groove for me. Rob nailed it with his first Halford album

The chemical wedding is a classic, very solid album. Bruce at his best outside of Maiden.

War of words have great moments, but a bit too much groove for me. Rob nailed it with his first Halford album
I agree to an extent! While War Of Words is good enough, the Pantera influences are undeniable. The Chemical Wedding, though being heavy on grooves, is still unique and a very solid album.

Fun fact: Steel Panther guitarist Satchel (real name - Russ Parrish) also played on Fight's War Of Words.

The Chemical Wedding, without a second of pondering. Had it been TCW vs Resurrection (both more comparable to their respective band's classic output), the choice would have been harder, but I would have ultimately have gone with TCW due to it being more consistent, while Resurrection peaks higher with Silent Screams.

Regarding Fight though, I always liked the record, and the Pantera experimentation going on. It's a really good record, especially compared to its sequel.

Back