"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to the album and all I can say is that it is the best by far since 7th son. It has so much depth in terms of arrangents and melody and structure..plus sheer musicianship. It's incredible. Bruce sounds incredible too, never heard anyone sing like that before...

For me by far best album of the year and best Maiden album since 1988.

Enjoy folks and stop talking about production...you just waste your time and miss on the fun!

Oh, and Dave speaking about EOTC is quite interesting, from his point of view this song is not complicated, they record it in parts beacuse that's how they always do songs like this and he's sure that they can play it live without problem.

Of course, he's Dave. He can do it all easily, and with a smile :angel2:

I listened to the album and all I can say is that it is the best by far since 7th son. It has so much depth in terms of arrangents and melody and structure.. + Bruce sounds incredible too, never heard anyone sing like that before...
Who cares. Production is the most important.

That sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? Well, that's because I do find it ridiculous. These other ingredients are essential in music, and some negativo's simply avoid them. That's what I call tunnel vision.

Last edited:
...made this. :)
11902317_10206263176517303_8835005780217098762_n.jpg

There are actually a few songs on this album where I can hardly make out any of what Bruce is saying, but it affects this song the most.
I actually suspect this is a problem with the quality of the leak. I had the same problem with Speed of Light when it came out on Youtube until I got my hand on a proper rip.

I am very, very disappointed that we have yet to hear from PlayClassics — or anyone for that matter — about repetitive choruses. :devil:
And you won't hear from Play Classics for a few weeks.

I'm on playthrough #4, this time with my high def headset. Hearing lots of great details on IESF - wow.

Why don't these people who have access to the CD just make a direct audio CD copy and then let it out in flac and various mp3 bitrates... The quality of this is really questionable, I am too looking forward to getting my hands on the original CD.

Why don't these people who have access to the CD just make a direct audio CD copy and then let it out in flac and various mp3 bitrates... The quality of this is really questionable, I am too looking forward to getting my hands on the original CD.
Maybe it was leaked by Iron Maiden themselves in shitty quality, to get us all to buy the cd?

It wouldn't surprise me. Putting out a low quality leak might stop people from seeing the need to leak a flac or a 320kbps proper rip, and it will up hype (among the people who actually like modern Iron Maiden).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back