"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, now that you've got that out of the way...Are you going to start talking about the things you actually like about the album now? You know the other 82 mins?
Actually, I just noticed that TGU has a 2 minute filler outro at the end. Need to get rid of that too. So now it's down to 80 minutes.

Did Steve purposefully try to re-write Rime of the Ancient Mariner with TRATB? Cool song.
I would go with yes - whole album is like one big nod to the past. It's almost like they try to prove that they are better than ever and show middle finger to those who still live in nostalgia-land with all this elements from previous albums

Actually, I just noticed that TGU has a 2 minute filler outro at the end. Need to get rid of that too. So now it's down to 80 minutes.
It's not filler if it's there for a reason. You might not like it, but songs have length for reasons. No band goes, "We want that song to be 2 minutes longer, so let's just add in some more for no real reason."

God, I shoul refresh all old albums. There are so many parts that ring bell but I don't know from what song each part is that it's getting annoying.

I had pretty high expectations for this album ... they have been met and exceeded. It is incredible to have a band this far along that has been able to take a basic sound and keep enhancing/layering on top of it ... basically evolving. That really applies to every album they have released with the exceptions of No Prayer and FotD.

Amazing that they can continue to amaze me. Cannot wait to get the actual album next week and hear (hopefully a large percentage) of this album live.

Yup. And confirm it over and over again in case anybody misses one of their posts.

Yes because they are having a hard time realizing that Maiden moved on without them. it used to be their favorite band but something happened and they grew apart.. Many users here can't seem to grasp that reality. Still clutching at what used to be.

It must be horrible. Everyday you wake up, listen to music and think "Gosh, this is garbage. I wish I could live in 80's, my generation suck" and they go to shop and buy another record dreaming that, by some miracle, it would be different. It must be horror to live like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back