"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to see a new sub-board in the Commentary section. A Book of Souls board and topics for individual songs (and other album related matters).

Me too, Maiden songs are fun to pick apart (the meaning behind the lyrics as well as the musical mood that is set).

I doubt it .. I think we will get a lot of "real proud of the album" "stands up to our past efforts", etc kind of quotes. Probably a few tid bits versus anything notable

Yeah, I tend to agree - I doubt this will have too much in depth. I put more weight in outsider reviews for newer stuff - they tend to be better and describing it than the band themselves. But who knows, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

CIdhRW2XAAUSxBC.jpg

Okay, I'll go hunting for this, it might be Thursday now, not tomorrow, but if it looks interesting I'll buy a copy and make images of said interesting bits available to others.

"Steve Harris takes you inside 2015's most epic album" sounds like a good interview about the themes, the tracks, the recording, the writing, perhaps a track run-through. But then...we know how headlines are worded to sell mags and then it's something else entirely.

:ok:

Stuff like:

The Beast Roars Back! Iron Maiden World-Exclusive: Steve Harris Takes You Inside 2015’s Most Epic Album…

This September isn’t just set to mark the release of ‘another’ Iron Maiden album – it’s set to mark the release of the metal legends’ most ambitious and, perhaps, their most important album ever. In a world-exclusive interview, Steve Harris takes us deep inside The Book Of Souls…

Doesn't help at all with keeping my expectations rational...;)

I'm not going to look at the album as disc 1 and disc 2. I'm going to look at as one full album that happens to be 2 discs because of how long it is. And since I only listen to music on my iPod, when I put it on there, I'm going to number the songs tracks 1 to 11.

I'm going to look at the album as vinyl 1, vinyl 2 and vinyl 3... I just can't pay for some mp3's, I never do that... I need to have something tangible that I can hold in my hands while I'm listening to it... I can't wait to see the artwork of the 3 vinyl box set!

I just saw this now, and considering that Mariner clocks in at 3rd on the all time Maidenfans.com rankings, and that Paschendale comes in at 4th, let us be clear - most people think these songs are both special and noteworthy, and that they are only surpassed by two songs - Phantom and Hallowed.

Furthermore, Paschendale is the only reunion-era song in the top 10. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns sits at 12th, Blood Brothers at 16th, and the top entry from TFF is Starblind at 24th.
Could I get a link to the list?

Wow.. Sounds complex. He actually used both hands on the piano? That's some Mozart shit right there.

This is not necessarily bad.He wrote Man of sorrows on piano.It is not clear for which of the two new Bruce songs he is talking about,is it?!

Looking forward to see a new sub-board in the Commentary section. A Book of Souls board and topics for individual songs (and other album related matters).
And I'm assuming a new "favourite album" poll as well, since it's been almost five years since the last one.

Oh, I'm sure it will be fine. I don't doubt Bruce's ability, I just think it was funny the way Nicko described the process, joking about him being useless, and then calling it an opus.

Well,you can't really take Nik seriously.He is in clown mode there!:dancinggeek:

A greasy little hand is actually grabbing a Kerrang mag as we speak,too bad it is not mine

Steve reveals in Kerrang that title-track is based on Mayans. Its not concept album, but there are other mentions, says Steve. About 18 minutes track Steve says: " It sounds like Maiden, but it´s totaly different what we´ve done before. Eighteen minutes sounds like a long time, but it´s actually such a journey."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back