"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of the reasons they want to wait with the single (if the August 14th release date for "Speed of Light" is true) is all the negative backlash that "El Dorado" caused. A lot of people complained on the production and sound quality, so much that Bruce felt inclined to go out and comment on it:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-singer-says-el-dorado-mp3-sounds-like-s-t/

After the success of The Final Frontier, and considering how hyped the band and upcoming material is, I think the worst thing they could do right now is to choose one single, and have it stand for 92 minutes of material.

The African Theme might as well be true when you look at the Cover art.

Haven't been this excited since BNW release.

Wish there would have been an Harris / Dickinson composition, but that's rare anyways

I actually agree with you. After FOTD or TXF for that matter... I get the feeling that Maiden write songs in a very pre-defined way so to speak..

I'm really looking forward to the title track, I think the last time Gers penned the titel track for Dance of death it was really stunning and one of the first tracks that really stood out on that record for me. As many others already have noted, Gers is a very important part of making Maidens records more varied nowadays.

I'm really looking forward to the title track, I think the last time Gers penned the titel track for Dance of death it was really stunning and one of the first tracks that really stood out on that record for me. As many others already have noted, Gers is a very important part of making Maidens records more varied nowadays.
In my opinion, Gers wrote the best Songs since the Reunion.

Very important dude

I wouldn't say best but he cetainly left a larger mark on reunion albums than 90's stuff.
And his stuff is pretty good too. Just not as good as H's :D

And his stuff is pretty good too. Just not as good as H's :D
By now, it can be argued that Smith left a bigger mark on the current line-up era, especially when we take the quantity into account.

Then again -and I admit that the differences are very small- I rate both Dance of Death and Ghost of the Navigator higher than all Smith tracks from the last four albums. Still these best Janicks are not as good as the best song from this line-up, the Dave Murray co-written masterpiece: Brave New World.
I wouldn't say best but he cetainly left a larger mark on reunion albums than 90's stuff.
The Unbeliever > anything else ever co-written by Janick
:innocent:

Last edited:
And when I focus on quantity and Janick solos: in my top 10 I have 7 solos from the nineties, and 3 from current line-up era (#4, #5, #10).

The Book Of Souls (song) will be something like Talisman. (I hope so)
That's the best song from TFF so far. Along with Coming Home and Starblind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back