"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope there is some sort of "behind the scenes" DVD or video. The AMOLAD "fly on the wall" documentary was fantastic- where they went through and profiled each song individually. TFF's was a bit lacking.

The Red and the Black....its only three seconds shorter in length than Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Not since Sign of the Cross have they positioned a song nearing this magnitude on the first half of an album. Powerslave may have been more balanced with Rime at track 3 or 4 and the title track as the closer.

The book plot seems to be plausible for Steve's social, political and general human individual aspirations and conditions lyrics he's been doing, but by looking at the artwork, it could be about tribes.

I still hope, but doubt, the single will be released in a physical format with some kind of B-side. I doubt it, but I have hopes

I think the Maiden team just responded to all these fake YouTube videos as of late....

11144797_10152870107382051_7542244327397885818_o.jpg

With all those people sharing Mediterranean power metal bands and claiming they're Maiden, I'm starting to wonder whether I'm actually listening to the same Iron Maiden as everybody else.

Happens to me all the time when people say they like a certain band because they sound like Iron Maiden. Yes, melodic leads, harmonies, gallopping bass, clean operatic vocals are signature Maiden stuff. But when you combine these together, you don't just get Maiden magically. These Maiden rip-off bands are absolute garbage.

Last edited:
Just pre-ordered the deluxe edition on Amazon. Hopefully that'll include the AutoRip too, but I'm more than willing to order the MP3 album on Amazon later if it ends up not coming with it.

If the single really does release on August 14th:
Does it seem odd to anyone else to release a single only two-ish weeks before the album? It doesn't give them that much time to promote it, and it seems odd to announce an album two months before any songs release.

I have a feeling that what might happen is that "Speed of Light" will be the first "single," but the band will release another new song online before that as a teaser of sorts. That's very common these days.

About The Red and The Black:

I vaguely recall a red and black motif about african gods. Something about a black god being the good god, and the red god being the bad.
This could connect with the artwork nicely. Anyone knows something about african gods?

EDIT:
After a bit of research, my theory may relate to the Masai religion:
"ENKAI IS COLORED
He is called Parmuain, “many colored” or Enkai narok, “God is black”; Enkai Naibor, “God is white”; Enkai Nanyokie, “God is red”. The colors used to call Enkai are in reference with the colors of the sky. Enkai is black when the sky is black with thunderheads, which will bring rain. Enkai is white when the sky is white filled with clouds announcing the arrival of rain. Enkai is red during the dry season like the sky at that moment. The Maasai believe that when Enkai is red, it means that he is angry that is why he withholds the rain. He is no longer near. He is far away."

Black and red are present, but also white. I think I may be off with this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gk1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back