"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preordered now, the Hardbook CD and the Vinyl edition. First time ever preordering music. And now we play the waiting game.

Maiden Revelations page said that Warner Music sent a note saying that Speed Of Light is the first single from the album and will be available on August 14th; tour dates will be announced on August 25th.

Do these rumours specify whether it will be a proper physical release single, or a promo only job like the ones off The Final Frontier?

Maiden Revelations page said that Warner Music sent a note saying that Speed Of Light is the first single from the album and will be available on August 14th; tour dates will be announced on August 25th.
Apparently, Warner Music Norway press release has been modified: now informations about single and tour dates are left out.
http://www.mynewsdesk.com/no/wmgno/pressreleases/iron-maiden-kommer-med-nytt-album-1182885
This is part of the original text (recovered from my browser's cache):
4. september kommer Iron Maiden tilbake med nytt album. Albumet har de kalt for "The Books Of Soul". Men først, 14. august kommer første singel "Speed Of Light" og 25. august slipper bandet datoene for turneen.

Apparently, Warner Music Norway press release has been modified: now informations about single and tour dates are left out.
http://www.mynewsdesk.com/no/wmgno/pressreleases/iron-maiden-kommer-med-nytt-album-1182885
This is part of the original text (recovered from my browser's cache):

"4. september kommer Iron Maiden tilbake med nytt album. Albumet har de kalt for "The Books Of Soul". Men først, 14. august kommer første singel "Speed Of Light" og 25. august slipper bandet datoene for turneen."

Translation for those who want it: "On September 4th, Iron Maiden are back with a new album. They have named the album "The books Of Soul" (sic!). But first, on August 14th, comes the first single "Speed of Light" and on August 25 the band will release the tour dates"

BTW, the Norwegian text looked like it was an automatic translation from an English text.

Last edited:
This might as well be true. TFF single was released mid August too. But we already had El Dorado for a couple of months already. So no sweat there.

I think El Dorado was released pretty early .. mainly because they had a tour kicking off the following day. Late August makes more sense this time around with the single being used to promote the new album, not a new tour

Translation for those who want it: "On September 4th, Iron Maiden are back with a new album. They have named the album "The books Of Soul" (sic!). But first, on August 14th, comes the first single "Speed of Light" and on August 25 the band will release the tour dates"

BTW, the Norwegian text looked like it was an automatic translation from an English text.

At the moment, the original pressrelease is still visible through Google's cache:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:TXTRlpapB1MJ:www.mynewsdesk.com/no/wmgno/pressreleases/iron-maiden-kommer-med-nytt-album-1182885
Anyway, we'll wait and see... :)

I think El Dorado was released pretty early .. mainly because they had a tour kicking off the following day. Late August makes more sense this time around with the single being used to promote the new album, not a new tour

U got a point there. But then again I would not expect to get the album details so early if we were to be left without any new music since mid August.

Hey guys sorry i don't really post much I like looking at your comments instead and I was wondering I hope there music video is them playing the song in the studio like the Different World song on AMOLAD as I liked that way and I guess they will maybe be another music video with eddie in?

Guess we were wrong about the single possibly coming from the second disc. This will be only the third single ever to be written by Smith/Dickinson, and the first since 2 Minutes to Midnight!

Indeed. I'm hoping we get an interview or two soon from Bruce, Steve or H so we can start to get a better idea of what the album's like.

Indeed. I'm hoping we get an interview or two soon from Bruce, Steve or H so we can start to get a better idea of what the album's like.

Well,no real added value there. I mean they would just repeat that they are very excited and proud and that the album is their best etc etc

Well,no real added value there. I mean they would just repeat that they are very excited and proud and that the album is their best etc etc

True, but I seem to recall Steve mentioning in an interview pretty early in Summer 2010 that "When the Wild Wind Blows" was based on the old book/film from the 70's/80's. Not to mention Nicko's statement that he felt it was the best song Steve had come up with since "Hallowed Be Thy Name" or how Dave talked about how the band had to learn and record the song in segments.

Reactions: Gk1
True, but I seem to recall Steve mentioning in an interview pretty early in Summer 2010 that "When the Wild Wind Blows" was based on the old book/film from the 70's/80's. Not to mention Nicko's statement that he felt it was the best song Steve had come up with since "Hallowed Be Thy Name" or how Dave talked about how the band had to learn and record the song in segments.

Fair enough, we would at least get a bit more info on the album. However it seems that Niko's words were not that accurate

Fair enough, we would at least get a bit more info on the album. However it seems that Niko's words were not that accurate

I agree. It wasn't even the best song off of TFF (cough Starblind cough), though it was definitely a great work from Steve. It was still great to be introduced to the film through that song though. Very creepy, tragic stuff.

I remember Nicko saying, just prior to its release, that he felt that Dance of Death was the best album they'd done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back