"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing's for certain, we have additional proof that Bruce is a madman. Otherwise, he wouldn't have the balls to singlehandedly pen an 18-minute track to add to the Maiden discography.

Yup, if it turns to be crap he's going to be stained at the end of their career.

Wow! First double album!!!! Everything about this album looks spectacular! September 4 is a pretty reasonable date, I was really hoping we wouldn't have to wait until November-December. I'm glad I decided to check the forum this morning, thanks for sharing made my whole day!

I think we could be sure the single won't land this week. It will land just as we start to wonder if there is going to be one, to maximize the hype. I just hope they choose a better single than "El Dorado" this time.

Does anyone think this feels like a last album?

It would be unwise for them to state this as a final album, considering Bruce's condition and all. Unless someone is terminally ill, there's still a chance they'll continue to tour and record until they're in their 80's.

I doubt that they would set out to make this the last album. It might turn out to be the last eventually, but I don't think they know when the end will come.

For me, it gives out this Chemical Wedding vibe. Dickinson had a huge input here, maybe he threw in a lot of ideas for his never released post TOS solo album.
Looking forward to a dark sounding record, this seems like it...

I doubt that they would set out to make this the last album. It might turn out to be the last eventually, but I don't think they know when the end will come.
Yeah I don't think they approach things like that, at all.

I like the artwork. Better than the cartoonish TFF. It has a darker edge to it which I like. Definitely some tribal, voodoo stuff going on there..perhaps also in some of the songs, that will be interesting to hear how Maiden tackles...

For me, it gives out this Chemical Wedding vibe. Dickinson had a huge input here, maybe he threw in a lot of ideas for his never released post TOS solo album.
Looking forward to a dark sounding record, this seems like it...

I was thinking that too. I'm still hoping he'll release another solo album with Roy Z, but the sheer amount of material he has contributed here says otherwise.

I feel an incredible buzz arising from this:

If Eternity Should Fail (Dickinson) 8:28
Empire Of The Clouds (Dickinson) 18:01

Anyway, that cover artwork seems a real bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back