"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has to be my favourite Google translation yet....

5- "When the River Runs Deep" (Smith, Harris) 5:52 This goes straight to the point, typical opening Maideniana. Pure guitar and speed to finish the refrain in the meantime, strongly reminiscent of the material of the English during the 80's quite long and very good soil that is more like the typical soils of Dave Murray.

Google Translate is actually getting quite good. Most of the stuff it translates makes sense, even if it's not grammatically sound. It was more fun a couple of years ago.

If "Death or Glory" is about WWI biplanes according to some of the reviews, does anyone think it could have been inspired by Bruce's WWI biplane reenactment at Sonisphere last year?

I just think Bruce wants to wear this again:
mnA3UXN.jpg

This has to be my favourite Google translation yet....

5- "When the River Runs Deep" (Smith, Harris) 5:52 This goes straight to the point, typical opening Maideniana. Pure guitar and speed to finish the refrain in the meantime, strongly reminiscent of the material of the English during the 80's quite long and very good soil that is more like the typical soils of Dave Murray.
Ahhh the typical soils of Dave Murray.:p

My top five BOS songs I cant wait to listen to, with all the details in reviews, here is where I am with the list:
1- Book of souls
2- Empire of the clouds
3- If Eternity Should Fail
4- The Red and the Black
5- Shadow of the Valley

Curious to know about your choices, guys !

1 Empire of the clouds
2 If Eternity should fail / Book of souls
3 The Red and the Black
4 all the others equally

If Eternity Should Fail
The Red And The Black
The Book Of Souls
Tears Of A Clown
Empire Of The Clouds

I think I'll ask the same in the thread for the album in the commentary section to get more action going there. In fact, since we have to use spoiler tags for any songs we hear ahead of time as well as lyrics in this thread but not there, maybe we should all move over there: http://forum.maidenfans.com/forums/the-book-of-souls.69/

1. Book of Souls (Gers has the best song on three of the last four albums.)
2. The Great Unknown (Reviews are giving me the Brave New World vibe; my favourite Maiden song.)
3. The Red and the Black (At the very least, it will have some brilliant moments.)

I'm actually most looking forward to Red and the Black. Empire seems like so much of an oddity that I have no idea what to expect or past material to use as a reference point for what this might sound like. Harris epics on the other hand rarely disappoint and it sounds like this one is really special.

My top five BOS songs I cant wait to listen to, with all the details in reviews, here is where I am with the list:

1. "Book of Souls" - Janick Gers, duh. Favourite songwriter and favourite guitarplayer in Iron Maiden.
2. "Empire of the Clouds" - 18 minutes? Piano? I want to hear how this sounds.
3. "If Eternity Should Fail" - The goddamn opening track!
4. "The Red and the Black" - The Harris-penned epic. Gonna be epic.
5. "Tears of a Clown" - Hyped as favourite song by Bruce? Check. Hope for really thoughtful lyrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back