The Band's Favourite Maiden Songs

I mean, they are OK with Janick butchering Hallowed's solo for 24 years already, yet they bitch about a 25 second part of Alex :p

And that's exactly what someone else in that forum replied. I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, but I genuinely think, of any guitar part that Janick might be asked to do that was originally done by Adrian, that small interlude (that is clearly being discussed) is quite suited to his loose, quite acoustic, style of playing. I don't think he'd "butcher" it at all; I think he would play it fine. Plus, that would then give all three of them a "solo" part (if you consider this a solo) to play live; which fits quite nicely with their current setup. They should just have let Janick do it & bloody played it.
Totally agree. I think it would sound pretty cool if Janick played it. It's so syncopated that it sounds almost out of time, and Janick has a really cool, laid-back feel to his leads that would work really well there.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Maiden haven't played any '80s songs since the reunion that were never played before. And ATG is a build-the-set-around-it type epic, not a four-minute gallop. So, I'd say ATG is never going to happen. Even though I agree, Jan could handle that solo nicely, even if it changed every night and never matched the original...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Maiden haven't played any '80s songs since the reunion that were never played before. And ATG is a build-the-set-around-it type epic, not a four-minute gallop. So, I'd say ATG is never going to happen. Even though I agree, Jan could handle that solo nicely, even if it changed every night and never matched the original...
You're correct. They came close with Prodigal Son in 2005 but it never survived the rehearsal stage. I completely agree, ATG is never going to happen. I don't think it's necessarily a tune that needs the set built around it, but it's certainly not an easy last-minute addition like Wrathchild or Run To The Hills. It's somewhere in between, like The Clansman or Dance of Death.

You're correct. They came close with Prodigal Son in 2005 but it never survived the rehearsal stage. I completely agree, ATG is never going to happen. I don't think it's necessarily a tune that needs the set built around it, but it's certainly not an easy last-minute addition like Wrathchild or Run To The Hills. It's somewhere in between, like The Clansman or Dance of Death.

Damn! I nearly got to see Prodigal Son performed!

Good job Lego. I didn't know Prodigal Son was considered for that 2005 tour. It's a shame it didn't make it to the final list, 'cos it's one of my favorite songs from Killers.

Cheers. Guess they ran out steam on the concept side of AMOLAD. Might explain how that album is the most consistent in feel and subject matter since SSOASS.
I've always thought it was an album about a concept, not necessarily a "concept album" in the traditional sense of a plot continuity throughout the songs, but in the fact that most of the tunes on the album are about life vs. death, beginnings and endings. Pretty broad, but still an overarching concept nonetheless.

Back