Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N/A

• N/A

• Total voters
Re: The 2nd Greatest Band of All Time R1 Group F

Deep Purple.

The last posting from your IP was less than 30 seconds ago. Please try again later.

I just logged on.  WTF?

Is there a backdoor in this for bands knocked out early?
This round has more good bands than any previous.

Onun said:
True, they could have voted for any of them except those 2 (all are good except that ones lol).

Btw it's Scorpions, not Scorpians.  :p
My bad, fixed.
mckindog said:
Is there a backdoor in this for bands knocked out early?
This round has more good bands than any previous.

At this stage no, but I may include a 2nd chance heat, if enough people want that.

Jonszat said:
I voted for the Foo Fighters because I knew they wouldn't get much love and they're a good band. I enjoy what I have of Dio's music, same with Zepp and Deep Purple probably more than the Foo's but I have more Foo albums so meh :p
Moonchild33 said:
Thanks for 'fessing up. :p That's actually much more understandable. (That's the reason I voted DP anyway.)
So, you voted not because you like those bands best, but because you have the most albums by them? -_- :S <_<

Anyway, it's a VERY hard decision this time, but my vote goes to Led Zep. Which Scorpions and Dio have better vocalists, Led Zep has much better instrumental talent.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Anyway, it's a VERY hard decision this time, but my vote goes to Led Zep. Which Scorpions and Dio have better vocalists, Led Zep has much better instrumental talent.

Robert Plant is a better singer than Klaus Maine.

So, you voted not because you like those bands best, but because you have the most albums by them? -_- :S <_<
No. I have far more Dio albums. I voted for DP because I knew they wouldn't garner as many votes as Zep and Dio. That's one of the reasons why Jonszat voted Foo Fighters.

Onun said:
Robert Plant is a better singer than Klaus Maine.

By a million miles.

Oh ok I see. I like Klaus but since he got the vocal chords injury his voice is a lot worse, however it is unique.

PS: I agree with Travis in parts. I don't think voting in a band because "it will have less votes" than others is fair. We should vote because we think it's better/we prefer it. But everyone to each own.

Robert Plant has a pretty bad vocal period as well. He peaked somewhere in his late twenties (along with Chris Cornell).

I love Klaus Meine, but Robert Plant is a god among gods.

Onun said:
PS: I agree with Travis in parts. I don't think voting in a band because "it will have less votes" than others is fair. We should vote because we think it's better/we prefer it. But everyone to each own.

I did that this time because I honestly wasn't sure who to vote for, so I used it as a tie breaker. On the Maiden stuff, I usually do that because I don't like to see a perfectly good song getting zero votes.

This principle doesn't at all apply to the survivors though.

Oh no! When did Klaus injure his vocal chords? He sounded great when I saw them in 2008.

The injury was many years ago already. The first one was after some world tour in 1981 but I read somewhere that in 1995 or so he had to be operated again and rest his voice from time to time.

Moonchild33 said:
I did that this time because I honestly wasn't sure who to vote for, so I used it as a tie breaker. On the Maiden stuff, I usually do that because I don't like to see a perfectly good song getting zero votes.

I wasn't talking specifically about you, but I can undestand your point, however, if everybody do that thing the poll results can become "falsified". But it's not that important, it's just a game after all lol.

Moonchild33 said:
Because of average vote count and stuff.

Foo's are a good band, just because they aren't close to metal doesn't meant they're not ;)

Onun said:
I wasn't talking specifically about you, but I can undestand your point, however, if everybody do that thing the poll results can become "falsified". But it's not that important, it's just a game after all lol.

I wasn't offended or anything. It's hard to rile me up on the Internet. ;)

I see your point. I've always seen it as I was the only one doing that, so it didn't matter. If it became some new phenomenon, I would be pretty pissy about it myself.

Moonchild33 said:
I wasn't offended or anything. It's hard to rile me up on the Internet. ;)

I see your point. I've always seen it as I was the only one doing that, so it didn't matter. If it became some new phenomenon, I would be pretty pissy about it myself.

Haha I know, a normal person will never be offended on internet I suppose. :)

I agree, if it's only a person doing that there's no harm on it, but if many start to do that it can changed results, but I don't think it will happen.

Oh no! When did Klaus injure his vocal chords? He sounded great when I saw them in 2008.

He sounded great too a few months ago.They don't sound like a band that is about to quit.

Onun said:
Haha I know, a normal person will never be offended on internet I suppose. :)

Time for this one:

duty_calls.png

Back