Tears Of A Clown

How good is Tears of a Clown on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Bruce said that Tears Of A Clown is his favourite song from The Book Of Souls. (That's rumor I've found on the internet)

Now I know why I might have missed info on this song, I wanted to skip this on purpose (what am I doing here?), but -and I stress that I haven't read why Bruce loves this song- I find it quite a novelty that Maiden write extensively about authentic emotions of someone (famous) outside of the band. It happened with Robert Oppenheimer in BTATS to a certain extent, but this about Robin Williams sounds like a more personal story, more dark (in a different way), and more depressing/sad/no way out-ish (because of the suicide aspect).

Now I know why I might have missed info on this song, I wanted to skip this on purpose (what am I doing here?), but -and I stress that I haven't read why Bruce loves this song- I find it quite a novelty that Maiden write extensively about authentic emotions of someone (famous) outside of the band. It happened with Robert Oppenheimer in BTATS to a certain extent, but this about Robin Williams sounds like a more personal story, more dark (in a different way), and more depressing/sad/no way out-ish (because of the suicide aspect).
Only you know why you are here & why your are the only person to contribute anything of substance to this thread.

It's hard to contribute anything if album is not yet released. It's confirmed that song is about Robin Williams?

Songs at least partially inspired by Robin Williams:

Dream Theater, A Change Of Seasons - the "carpe diem" theme from Dead Poets Society, movie sampled in live performance
Dream Theater, Octavarium - the second section "Medicate" is based on Awakenings

Feel free to add to this list. :cool:

Surely it is a possibility that the song was inspired by Robin Williams and explores the emotional state of somebody in that kind of situation rather than name-checking him directly, so to speak?

It is a song that is already getting a mention on sites that have nothing to do with Maiden. It seems it turned out to be a good ad for the album itself.

Last edited:
Yea I just saw it on Consequence of Sound. This might get them a ton of publicity. Has there been any songs about Robin Williams since he died?

Back