Syria

Meh.

It seems we'll get into a war with Syria, what a fucking disgrace is that. Even though I don't support Esad's polities, we standing up against them is total nonsense.

Turkish and Syrian prime ministers were pals for years. Their wives were good friends, etc. Then suddenly, Turkish prime minister threatened Syrian prime minister to step down [citing his dictatorship as the reason (like he wasn't a dictator back then <_<)] , causing the discovery of very first steps of the path we're now in the end of.

There hasn't been a big war for a while. Turkey is an ally of the United States and they buy their arms from US and Israel. There's no surprise that the US used their puppet (Turkey) once again for their favor.

Meh.

I don't know how to say this. I have a very, very bad feeling about this. We're saying "Turkey will go to war with Syria" without even realising what that means or implies. Sure, it might bring freedom to the people of Syria, and stability to the region. But how can we know for sure? You would think that with all of mankind's history at our back, we'd know that starting a war is a terrible risk with unclear outcome, no matter how clear the fronts seem at the beginning.

I don't know would I either cry or laugh at this Syrian situation.
Those "rebels" are being trained all over Eastern Europe, they've got Al-Qaeda in ranks, basically West has exported squads of professional terrorists down there to make a mess.

They didn't expect majority of people to side against them. Like in any country, Assad has a limited absolute support, but most Syrians still think he's the best option out there.
Turkey and Qatar are the hottest out there for Syrian "revolution". Israel is in the background, because they know the new government (like in Egypt, like in Libya) will consist of fanatics.

Russia won't back up, they can't back up. Syria has been their ally for half a decade. They have a naval base there. They're trying to position themselves back as superpower. Who's going to side with them, if they stay silent while their allies are being bombed? They already lost a lot of cred due to invasion of Libya.

What happens in Syria could have unprecedented global consequences.
Nobody even called for an investigation of latest events. Whole West is certain that Assad fired on Turkey. Nobody ever mention that "rebels" might have done it. Now Turkish parliament basically ruled that they would attack Syria anytime they wanted.

I'd like to share some information with you all;

Syrian rebels splitted into fractions, at war with each other - http://www.rfi.fr/moyen-orient/2012...ource=emailvision&ns_linkname=lire-4&ns_fee=0

Syrian rebels using hostages as suicide bombers - this information has been brought up by BBC and New York Times, and then taken down only after a few hours. Too late, video can be found on Youtube, here's a link to Croatian portal, video in middle of the page - http://www.advance.hr/vijesti/bbc-i...sa-samoubojicu-pa-je-uklonili-nakon-par-sati/

Dan Glazebrook (The Guardian) says what any sane person knows - West just wants to destabilize Syria, as a last line of defence against complete Western influence over Middle East - http://rt.com/news/syria-west-proxy-war-321/
General Nikolay Makarov - "Russian Army is not leaving Syria" - http://www.ng.ru/printed/272369

Syrian rebel admits that news were deliberately forged for Western TV channels - check the video - http://www.advance.hr/vijesti/sirij...e-sistematski-izmisljale-za-strane-tv-kanale/

City of Allepo situation on 31.07 - Iranian journalists footage, completely different than on Western TV - http://www.advance.hr/vijesti/press...tno-drugacija-od-prikaza-propagandnih-medija/

Dutch photographer Oerlemans (captured and released by rebels) - none of them were Syrian, they were British jihadists - http://www.rt.com/news/british-jihadists-fighting-syria-360/
Syrian state news reporter who allegedly defected - fraud -

And there's one like that any day. There was a film set in Qatar that was used for news forging. This is completely absurd. Leave the poor country alone!

As you said, that Aleppo video was from July, Zare. Now it's different.
Check this out. http://video.pbs.org/video/2280715740

The rebels are indeed not innocent. E.g. they too torture when they capture.

About the mortar grenade in Turkish territory: The Syrian government has apologized for it.

About your rt links. They may have some valid points, but I wouldn't trust everything they say:
It is a state/government-funded multilingual Russian-based television channel. Reeks pro-Kremlin to me.

NATO gives permission for stationing Patriot anti-missile batteries along Turkey's border with Syria..
_64547574_patriot624x382.gif

http://rt.com/news/syria-students-killed-rebels-255/

Don't let the URL fool you, it's opposite, "rebels" assassinated 29 students.
By the way, UN SMIS reports on Houla massacre have "gone missing". Now Turkey wants NATO to deploy Patriot missiles on it's border, which are "defensive" armament of course, and have got nothing to do with neutralizing Syrian Air Force which will be providing ground support for troops fighting mercenaries (Turkey and Qatar paychecks - $150 / month). And Obama barks about Assad getting punished for hypothetical use of chemical weapons. Syria has a stockpile of chemical weapons, so what? Has it been used? No. Will it be used? No. Hypocrite United States are shelling out depleted uranium somewhere at this exact moment.

When will this bullshit stop?

Zare's contribution of October 5th, is the best political post I've read in long long time.. Thanks Zare, I was not suspecting these, as all but one of the Syrians I know they don't even hint such things, so I was guessing it was a real revolution, or at least more real than Libya's..

Those "rebels" are being trained all over Eastern Europe, they've got Al-Qaeda in ranks, basically West has exported squads of professional terrorists down there to make a mess.

Here's one point that I'm sceptic though.. I *know* what you described has been applied in Bosnia, but even then, I could not say easily that it was supported by the West. In fact some Westerns could be involved but individually. By no means in an official basis, or under a strategic plan. Here this makes even less sense. Why in the world the West would want to destabilize a secular government, especially after the fall of Libya, Egypt (and Tunisia) ??

Syria and Iran are only ones left out of American sphere of influence.
Looks to me that they don't care if someone gets a bloodthirsty extremist government, as long as it follows orders.

And you always have primary investors. You mentioned non official plans, Ankara and Doha aren't directly sponsoring Syrian rebels, but aren't doing anything about it either - "we cannot confirm or deny" type of games. The primary investors will, if they win, directly repay themselves - by loot, or by contracts. And their states get a political puppet. Most of wealth and power is controlled by private individuals, not states.

Good luck that most of you never lived through a bloody "revolution". Looking back on former Yugoslavia from 20 years distance, you can really point the finger who had the private / corporate interests in this and that.
So using a view good vs bad, people vs the dictator, is wrong. War is a fruitful time for profit, everyone knows that. no5, did you know that Golden Dawn members fought on rebelled Serb side during wars in Croatia and Bosnia?

Excellent post. My only objection was to the western intervention-like phrasing, nothing else. This phrasing would be more suitable during the Cold War, or in the case of Africa or Latin America before. Now the game seems more complex, but in the end, yes it's all about contracts. And I don't get Doha's interests.. In the case of Libya, it's understandable: Gas. But Syria??
And no, I didn't know about the Golden Dawn, but I'm not surprised. But what is evil is that these people have now seats in the Parliament and they keep on growing.

Syrian rebels forced a child to behead unarmed prisoner. I haven't watched the video, only one captured frame.
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

I have links to videos of Syrian rebels doing various noble deeds : execution of ten unarmed prisoners, brutal executions (slaughter) of Syrian soldiers, hanging of chief of Police and dragging his dead body across the streets, etc. If anyone wishes to see them, just say so.

Where are videos of Syrian soldiers committing war crimes? Where is proof of Assad going against his own people?

Proof.

And it's not a regime, it's a elected government. Last year, remember?

As long as we're stuck in black/white and good/evil thinking, even if we resort to conspiracy theories to make it work, nobody will be convinced of anything, I'm afraid.

Amnesty International report anyone?

*waves with report*

Human Rights Watch?
Save the Children?
Al Arabiya footage of a man being tortured in a government detention centre in Kafranbel?

Back