1. Twilight In Olympus
2. The Divine Wings Of Tragedy
3. The Odyssey
4. V - The New Mythology Suite
5. Iconoclast
6. Paradise Lost
7. Damnation Game
8. Symphony X

Wow...we never had a Symphony X thread before?! Crazy.

@Night Prowler - Twilight at the top?! That's inconceivable! Not that I disagree on quality, but I've never heard that from any other SX fan. Good on you!

Mine would look like this, I believe:

1. The Odyssey
2. V
3. Divine Wings
4. Twilight
5. Paradise Lost
6. Damnation Game
7. Iconoclast
8. Symphony X

Though, I'd be okay not including the self-titled in there, as any Symphony X album without Russell Allen is NOT Symphony X. Also: Shades of Grey.

1: V
2: Odyssey
3: Paradise Lost
4: Twilight
5: Divine Wings
6: Damnation Game
7: Iconoclast
8: Symphony X

Not really, everything up to Looking Glass is awesome, after that it's pretty meh.

Lady Of The Snow is the weakest of the remaining three, but the other two are both awesome IMO.

I agree, I like those two. But Sonata is pretty pointless and Lady of the Snow is quite weak. But, I do really like that album. It's not in the same class as V or Odyssey, but still really good.

Yea it's good for sure, but nowhere near their best. Actually I suppose it's about on par with Damnation Game, though a couple songs are better than everything on that album.

Symphony X said something on their official website about the next album a couple of weeks ago!

The new cd is coming right along; the songs are pretty much done and are getting some final tweaking now. Michael Romeo says that the material has a little bit of everything, and reports that the band will begin tracking drums next month after their appearance at Heavy Montreal on August 10th.

:clap:

I've been freaking out about this all day. I can't wait!

The Odyssey has my favorite single tracks and Paradise Lost is the most consistent album overall, so aiming for a combination of those two can only mean good things!

Agreed on all counts. Paradise Lost is such a huge departure from The Odyssey, I hope this album is like the missing link between the two.

I've no idea what you guys are talking about, Paradise Lost is almost the worst Symphony X album, I think only the debut is worse :p I'd prefer a mix between Twilight In Olympus (best SX album) and The Odyssey.

Iconoclast was alright but not really the direction I want from them. I can deal with one album in that vein, but I'll be pretty disappointed if they continue in that direction.

Paradise Lost is amazing. The songs are intense and brutal, the production is very cinematic, and it has an alright amount of symphonic/power/prog/what-have-you moments. It's their most consistent too by far. Every song is really good. Even their older albums all had some really forgettable songs, but PL doesn't have that.

Back