SYMPHONY X SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> The Odyssey wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
I honestly prefer the up-front guitar mix, I just wish the keyboards didn't have to suffer so much because of it. I think Underworld is a step in the right direction, considering you only really hear the keys on PL and Iconoclast when Pinnella is playing a solo, but they could still be louder.

The mix on V is nice and warm, but I think it falls a little flat and would have benefited from louder guitars. I'd love to hear a few old tracks, stuff off DWOT, TiO, and V remixed in this newer style to see what the real difference is.

Voting for:

Candlelight - it has come very far, but the remaining older songs are stronger
Without You - solid, but the weakest remaining Underworld song
Charon - a great song, but not as good as some others
Swan Song - strategic move, it's my least favorite of the five 10/10 tracks on Underworld

I'm really conflicted on Without You. There are a lot of great things about it, but the chorus reeks of modern radio rock, which kind of spoils the song for me.

Haha, well, you pretty much solidified that it will be the only song going home this round. :)

EDIT: No wait, we've still got Lampwick. Don't let us Underworld fans down, Lampwick!

Candlelight - I'm quite surprised it survived this long.
Inferno - Very good song, but overshined by the other 3 Odyssey epics.
Kiss of Fire - The super lame lyrics are what's holding this song back.
Charon - Nothing special about it really; kinda forgettable.
To Hell and Back - I gave it a chance after the first round, but it just hasn't clicked with me.

As for the remaining songs, I'm hoping Swan Song can survive for a bit. It is my clear favorite of the album.

Just want to tell you all that I don't respect your opinions and that Candlelight Fantasia is by far Symphony X's best song! :P And also you suck for eliminating it. Gonna update the game now <_<

SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
Candlelight Fantasia - 4 votes
Without You - 4 votes
Kiss Of Fire - 4 votes
Charon - 4 votes
To Hell & Back - 4 votes

Promoted:
Of Sins & Shadows
The Accolade
The Divine Wings Of Tragedy
Underworld
Swan Song
Legend

All promoted songs are back in the game and finals begin! I urge you all to relisten to all of these songs before voting :)

Damn you all for voting off my favorite Underworld songs!

I'll relisten soon, but first let's shed the entire debut album + Electric Messiah (hopefully followed by the remaining Iconoclast songs).

I'll take three of the top five songs on Underworld being promoted. Far better than the Iconoclast results.

Maybe peer pressure has set in, but I'm agreeing with the other voters thus far - the remaining debut album and Electric Messiah. I may not be the biggest fan of their shorter metal songs when compared to their epics, but the other shorter metal songs remaining blow Electric Messiah out of the water. Reign in Madness should have been promoted from Iconoclast instead.

Also, why are there four Odyssey songs in the finals?

Back