GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
Last one was in 2015, look at the Schedule thread instead :p

Anyway, should we start the Survivor with the early stuff now (and it'll be months before the new album appears in the game), or wait and start with the new album and go backwards?

I also vote to wait and not go in reverse. Honestly, in a few months I doubt I'll even be past the Ripper era.

So Alestorm seems to be a decently popular band on here that hasn't had a Survivor yet. Is this something people would be interested in doing in future?

Not a survivor but a game, want some thoughts from everyone. The idea of doing a IM head to head tournament came up fairly recently and I think it's a good idea to do. I'm leaning towards running one in Maiden Chat because the less aggressive forum members seem to hardly get so far as here. Thoughts?

Say the word and I'll set it up before NP steals the idea. :innocent:

How many survivors need to be completed first, though?

Honestly, I think we should have the following Survivors at least once (in alphabetic order, mostly):

Accept
Aerosmith
Alice Cooper <3
Allman Brothers Band

(Badfinger)
Beach Boys
Blaze
Blue Öyster Cult
Dylan
Camel
Creedence
Purple (Deep)
Eagles
Elton John - 1970-1975/6 at least, because it's really fucking great and this might make more people listen to it
Fleetwood Mac
(Gordon Lightfoot)
Grand Funk Railroad
Grateful Dead (though this one would be really hard)
Tull
Kansas
Kendrick Lamar
The Oils
Mikey Oldfield
Nazareth
Oasis
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
(Have we had a Floyd Survivor? I wonder. We should have, definitely)
Rainbow
Slade
Steely Dan
The Stones (though it would be a very long project, I admit)
The Lizzy (we had at least one of those, haven't we? If not, that's a real shame)
UFO
Van Morrison

(I intentionally overlooked Neal Morse, Neil Young and some others - mainly because there was no particular interest in those and because the vastness of their discography)

THE CHILDREN OF TOMORROW ARE EATING THE GRAVES OF YOUR YESTERDAY WITH BLUEBERRY PIE AND DEAD DOG'S EYE!

A Beatles Survivor would be nice and no it has nothing to do with me having spent the week listening to their entire discography.

Now go listen to the three Anthology albums. Anthology 1, 2, 3. They are full of demos, outtakes, rare tracks, false starts, studio chit chatter between the band and general studio craziness. The first version covers the years 58-64, number 2 covers 65 to 68, and the last anthology covers the last years. Essential Beatles listening! I promise that the anthology albums will give you a much better understanding of the band and their work in the different time periods. Just hearing recordings from the studio while they were doing/talking about/rehearsing certain tracks is golden :D

The only problem is that we already did a Beatles survivor and the number of participants wasn't all that high. Perhaps if we do it again, we'll get more?

As for what survivors I would like to see...an XTC survivor or a Clash survivor. That or a Peter Gabriel survivor.

Back