Suggest some Euro Bands

Cool stuff .. of them, Die Toten Hosen was the only one I had heart before, a few of their songs are okay ... nothing fabulous. this should keep me busy for a while, but feel free to keep posting them, I'll listen to them all.

For singing, I am not sure what the right term is, but the constant growling voice (ala Venom, yes I am dating myself here.. or Cannibal Corpse) is not my thing, the closest I will go in that direction is Slayer.

I liked the Böhse Onkelz song -- a good straight up rock song along with both Estonian ones. I'll give them all more of a listen

De Sela has a great voice, musically not really my style though.

Have you heard of ADX? They are a French speed metal band.

They have a good sense of melody and their singer is phenomenal. I've only ever been able to find their first album Exécution (which was fantastic), but I heard their 2nd and 3rd albums were equally as good.

Thats right. Well it is basically old Scandinavian medieval ballads and folklore stories put to music, mostly. But yes, the song becomes an instrument more in itself...

Did you like Garmarna?

Oh there are, (or were) a few bands like this, who did folk rock based on medieval music. The BF has a few albums, I'll have to find out who they were.

Ohh, another Swedish band i remembered. Again, I don't know if you'll like this. This is more psychedelic rock but really great band that sings in Swedish. If you understand the lyrics like I do, it makes it even better, but I really think you'll like it anyways, great catchy tunes:

Also, you'll hate this (because of the vocals I think? but the rest of the music is quite rock n roll-ish) but I simply have to post it, just for the video alone :D

Norwegian band Kvelertak (stranglehold) and the song blodtørst (bloodthirst)

No idea what this says, but it looks funny

turbofolk.jpg

Turkish rock does not have much to offer, but the album that features this song is pretty good.

I was in a record store in Hungary and they were playing a local rock band that sounded pretty good, but a language barrier prevented me for getting much info on them
I know that the most popular Hungarian band is Pokolgép, it could've been them :)

Back