Studio Album #16 - Rumours and Speculation (New Info 27.02.15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people say AcesHigh to be very power metal-ish. It's not just me. And Iron Maiden is a huge influence to most power metal bands. When Helloween released the Keepers albums people called it Iron Maiden on speed, or something to that effect :p no doubt they were an influence. Edguy is a influential power metal band, and their early stuff especially sounds like a mix of Helloween and Maiden. IMO The Savage Poetry sounds like the lost Iron Maiden album. I highly recommend it to everyone ( referring to the 2000 rerecording).

And recently listening to Different World, I noticed its is actually kinda like a power metal song. Especially the chorus. Not all PM has fantasy lyrics. Helloween and to a lesser extent Edguy don't have fantasy based lyrics. I'd also like to add that there are many power metal bands that don't have the typical high pitched vocals. Masterplan for example. And it may seem like I'm a huge PM fan, but really the only bands labeled as PM that I'm really into are Edguy and Helloween. Probably because they don't have the basic power metal cliches.

On yeah and Iron Maiden...as I said I would love to see them do an album that has some power metal elements. As I said that doesn't mean there has to be fantasy lyrics or even constant double bass. Just song like Aces High or Different World for example, that are faster and have more energy and have really catchy, big chorus'. Trust me, it would be their biggest album ever :)

Maybe appropriate for this long waiting period...maybe no;):)?

155m2xy.jpg

Sanjula Vamana o_O:D!

And recently listening to Different World, I noticed its is actually kinda like a power metal song. Especially the chorus.

The "loud" chorus, "don't know what i want..." is just Maiden and it's especially similar to other choruses on that album (Longest Day for example).
The "quiet" one, "tell me what you hear..." is similar to Thin Lizzy.

On the topic of album/tour, how does British Lion august schedule fit in? I'd say new IM album in October and then tour starting around February/March.

I was hoping a summer release until Harry made his tour public. As he will be involved in the promo, this august tour seems to imply a late summer-autumn release.

I have a feeling they will announce the release before the BL tour, then release the album after the BL tour is done. But he is releasing tour dates now to give hardcore Steve fans a chance to buy tickets before general Iron Maiden fans jump in just to see Steve in action.

Yah. I think the Maiden album will come out late this year, or perhaps soon after the British Lion tour is done. But it makes no sense to announce it and have Steve Harris go out and "promote" it in British Lion - two separate things.

1. Does anyone else notice the difference in sound BNW and DoD have compared https://www.goodreads.com/author/list/49111.Samuel_R_Delanywith the last two albums. I'm not talking about the individual style of the songs, I mean the production sound. BNW and DoD have a kind of polished sound to them, whereas AMOLAD and TFF have more of a raw or "live" sound more in the vein of their pre-XFactor work. Personally, i think BNW is their best album, but honestly, to my ears it doesn't sound like classic Maiden.
Would you guys prefer the next album to sound 'raw' like AMOLAD or more polished like BNW?

(Don't know why my post is structured this was but I couldn't change it so on well)

1. Does anyone else notice the difference in sound BNW and DoD have compared https://www.goodreads.com/author/list/49111.Samuel_R_Delanywith the last two albums. I'm not talking about the individual style of the songs, I mean the production sound. BNW and DoD have a kind of polished sound to them, whereas AMOLAD and TFF have more of a raw or "live" sound more in the vein of their pre-XFactor work. Personally, i think BNW is their best album, but honestly, to my ears it doesn't sound like classic Maiden.
Would you guys prefer the next album to sound 'raw' like AMOLAD or more polished like BNW?

(Don't know why my post is structured this was but I couldn't change it so on well)

I really don't think DoD have a polished sound with that pretty brutal compression and all....

I'm also unable to put BNW and DoD in the same league. The first one is really well produced, and the only one I would compare to it in that respect is AMoLaD.

Brave new world quality is desired here. I still marvel at that sound. I prefer the content on dod and amolad, but if this new album has the sound quality of brave new world I'll be amazed. I listen to bnw sometimes even though I'm not in the mood for the songs, just to experience the sound. Perfection.

Brave New World has almost no natural sound left. Everything is highly processed/replaced. I'd guess it's the most expensive album they've done and something there isn't a budget for today. It took months to record, whereas they've done the last two in about 2-3 weeks. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back