Strange World

How good is Strange World on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Strange World

I don't see how anyone can call this the weakest song of the debut when songs like Charlotte the Harlot, Iron Maiden, and their absolute worst song ever Sanctuary are on it.  Unless your not counting the reissue.

Re: Daily Song: Strange World

8. I love those guitar solos as well. They are almost crying. I really like this calm interlude, greatly connected to Transylvania.

I never liked songs that are so melancholy.  They don't mesh with my outlook on life.  The best thing about this song is how it takes off after Transylvania.  The music does not captivate me either.  But I'll give it kudos for trying something new.  Hence only a 4 from me.

Now, I would have rated this one an 8, but it's so special -lyrically & musically- for Maiden's discography that I'll give it a 9/10. The solo work is fantastic, as well!

9 out of ten for this jewel... I love Dave's atmospheric playing, but D'ianno steals the show on this one...

I'm the opposite of Ghengis Khan, i do like melancholic songs. The guitar solos are really nice. 8\10.

You never grow old...

9/10 I really like this song. A nice atmosphere is stated by some here and I have to agree. When I first saw them live this was one track I would of hoped they played more than any (that was not predictably going to be played). And when they played Transylvania and went in to this, I was smiling.

I give it 8/10.  Really great song when I'm in the mood for it, but I've got to be IN the mood.... its not one I casually listen to in the background, if you know what I mean.

For what it's worth, I've always thought it as about doing drugs as well.  The line "girls drinking plasma wine" I interpret as a metaphor/imagery of shooting up.  Injecting ("drinking")the drug ("wine") straight into the blood plasma, as it were. 

Great song, and another great performance by Paul. I feel that the beginning lacks something, it sounds unfinished. 8/10.

Agreed that it sounds unfinished. A bit of variation throughout the song would help also. This track really doesn't benefit raw production of the debut album.
On the other hand, solos are good, atmosphere is excellent, lyrics are great, too, and it shows mellow side of the band. 7.

Another one of my favorites. I love the phaser droned guitar sound and this one probably wins as far as lyrics go. The vocal performance keeps me from giving it a 10. 9/10

7. The solos are simply great and this is easily one of Paul's best performances.

10- I think this song is incredibly underrated.  I don't know if early Maiden ever sounded this lush, this song is almost psychedelic.  It also features one of my favorite Maiden solos.

Definitely one of my favourites of the album.Great way to start a song with one of the best solos ever.Moody as well and melancholic. 10/10

Back