Strange World

How good is Strange World on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: 'strange World'

I just thought it's an interesting coincidence that there's a green mineral and the previous line mentions green too.
But if you insist on making wine of a mineral, I'll ask my sister-in-law, a chemist. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Chemists are weird. As a biologist, I don't trust them! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

As a journalist, I trust them when writing about minerals [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Great song and one of the best on the album. Second in my opinion only to Phantom of the Opera and possibly Remember Tomorrow. It's nice to hear a slow and acoustic song in contrast to others on the album, such as Sanctuary and Prowler.
I won't comment on what I think the song's all about - Transylvania, getting high etc. - truth be told, I haven't got a clue; I just really like the song. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Fantastic song, very different and melodic.

4.5 Stars despite the girls drinking plasma wine... [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"-_-\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sleep.gif\" /]

I just listened to strange world after a year or so and I forgot what a great song it is and I have been trying to find songs similar in style to it and I haven’t had any luck. So I was wonder if any one here could help me find songs that are like strange world. :ok:

Do you mean other Iron Maiden songs that are like Strange World, or other songs in general?

I agree, Strange World is a great song, maybe because its so different. Perhaps you'd like to try Savatage songs, they are somewhat similar. Maybe Believe for starters. Or perhaps Pink Floyd, many of their songs have this bluesy quality to it.

Strange world: this song is one of their most emotional (ballad), about a society where people don’t grow old. It creates a very sad atmosphere with deep bass and drum patterns and tranquil guitar solos on top and dennis creates eerie noises. This is pauls best performance, so full of sadness is his voice. The guitar uses harmonics which hold you spell bound and then another solo. The next verse is the highlight imo as it gives a sense of hope and the listener feels relieved. This song is truly magical. 4.5/5

Daily Song: Strange World

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Strange World

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

A lot of people really like this track, but I am not one of them. I enjoy it, but I don't jump up an listen when it comes on. Still, it's nice. 7/10.

Re: Daily Song: Strange World

Fantastic. Listening to Maiden's debut it's like entering a time machine for me, specially on this one. Easily 10/10.

Fantastic and underrated. 9/10, I personally find the best "soft" song of the Di'Anno years, edging out Remember and Prodigal Son.

Yeah, it has atmosphere.
But I have tried for years to like this song and failed.
It has consistently ranked at or near the bottom of my list and is one of the few Maiden songs I just don't like.
It's boring. Four.

It has a nice atmosphere and guitar work, but I usually dislike Paul's voice, and the song has never reallly grabbed me properly.  I give it 7.

Great, soft atmosphere, background, and soft side of Paul's voice. Criminally under-rated!

9/10.

I'm one of those people who love this song. The atmosphere is great, it's got beautiful guitar solos and great lyrics. It's unlike any other song in the Maiden discography, yet it still has an undefinable Maiden touch to it. 10/10.

5/10

Not so keen. It's not poor but it doesn't exactly set my world on fire. Probably the weakest off of the debut.

Back