Steve Harris

So if you take the classic lineup 83-88, Nicko is a professional musician, Bruce and Steve have formal education outside of music, it's the guitarists who would be screwed if they didn't suceed.

The Darkness have announced more dates for Jan/Feb of next year, no mention of British Lion on either bands site. Wonder if this signifies that Steve Harris will be otherwise engaged??? Probably too close to now for any Maiden live activity, i.e. it would already have been announced by now if they were gigging in Jan/Feb.

The Darkness have announced more dates for Jan/Feb of next year, no mention of British Lion on either bands site. Wonder if this signifies that Steve Harris will be otherwise engaged??? Probably too close to now for any Maiden live activity, i.e. it would already have been announced by now if they were gigging in Jan/Feb.

There are different scenarios that could explain British Lion not supporting The Darkness during January/February, including the other band members possibly having day jobs or the consequences of Brexit making it much more difficult for British musicians to tour in the continent. The latter would also have posed problems for The Darkness, but they might have more support dealing with those issues than British Lion, which are basically funded by Steve.

Another conspiracy theory involves Bruce voting for Brexit to jeopardise Steve’s chances to tour continental Europe supporting the band that prevented Maiden from getting a #1 album with Dance of Death. Sour grapes?

British Lion dates in between the Maiden european dates next summer, really odd that they aren't playing in Jan/Feb instead with the Darkness

Upcoming run with The Darkness for British Lion is off - for British Lion at least.

"Due to circumstances beyond our control British Lion are really sad and disappointed to announce that we will not be able to participate in the tour with The Darkness. Very recently we received their own protocols that are not Government protocols which are completely unacceptable to us. Therefore, we have no alternative but to withdraw from the tour." - BL Facebook

"We are really gutted that this has happened and although it is really short notice we will try our best to put together some shows of our own in November/December."

Upcoming run with The Darkness for British Lion is off - for British Lion at least.

"Due to circumstances beyond our control British Lion are really sad and disappointed to announce that we will not be able to participate in the tour with The Darkness. Very recently we received their own protocols that are not Government protocols which are completely unacceptable to us. Therefore, we have no alternative but to withdraw from the tour." - BL Facebook

"We are really gutted that this has happened and although it is really short notice we will try our best to put together some shows of our own in November/December."
As someone unfamiliar with current UK government protocols, could I infer that The Darkness are telling everyone they have to be vaccinated? Pure speculation, sure, but if ‘arry was antivax that’d be pretty lame.

Interesting development.

This is pure speculation on my part, but The Darkness entourage might be enforcing a much stricter set of anti-Covid measures than what the laissez-faire UK government ("let the virus spread") have currently in place. Or perhaps The Darkness are not strict enough, but as that would not stop British Lion going the extra mile taking additional precautions, I find it less likely.

A disappointment as Steve was finally going to be able to prove that he is as happy playing Guildford as Madison Square Garden https://www.loudersound.com/features/steve-harris-burning-ambition

Very recently we received their own protocols that are not Government protocols which are completely unacceptable to us.
I mean, it's so poorly worded to begin with (Rod wouldn't put out a statement like that) but I guess it infers that The Darkness' vaccine protocols are more demanding than the UK government's are? Not that it would take much.

This obviously seems to suggest either something as innocent as mandatory masks or possibly mandatory vaccinations. Is someone in BL anti-vaxx?

What went down I wonder. Perhaps The Darkness will release a statement clearing things up.

Apparently, these are the entry requirements for The Darkness’ VIP package. Definitely stricter than the “let the virus spread” UK government protocols:

To gain access to the VIP experience, you must:
• print and present your order confirmation email;
• present proof that you are fully vaccinated against Covid; and
• comply with our Covid prevention policy by hand sanitizing prior to entry, wearing a mask at all times, and maintaining social distancing throughout the VIP experience.

Yeah, I'm struggling to work out what it is. I can't imagine BL pulling out of a gig for saying fans must be double jabbed, if that's what it is. Band members, maybe. One of the Darkness might have a high risk health condition for all we know, too.

Yeah, I'm struggling to work out what it is. I can't imagine BL pulling out of a gig for saying fans must be double jabbed, if that's what it is. Band members, maybe. One of the Darkness might have a high risk health condition for all we know, too.
Here I am, with two flights, two concert tickets and two hotel nights booked in London. Shit. And six more months to wait to see 'arry live.

The way I interpret it is that British Lion (band and entourage) are not willing to follow the anti-covid measures (stricter than the UK Government’s “let’s do fuck all” protocols) set by the headliners.

Back