Steve Harris

Steve Harris: 8 songs that changed my life (*he talks about the songs in the link below)

Genesis - Supper's Ready
Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick, Part I
UFO - Love To Love
Wishbone Ash - Thrown Down The Sword
Free - Mr. Big
Golden Earring - Twilight Zone
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
Yes - And You And I

Last edited:
Steve Harris: 8 songs that changed my life (*he talks about the songs in the link below)

Genesis - Supper's Ready
Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick, Part I
UFO - Love To Love
Wishbone Ash - Thrown Down The Sword
Free - Mr. Big
Golden Earring - Twilight Zone
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
Yes - And You And I

Excellent choices. Thanks for sharing the link with us.

Steve Harris: 8 songs that changed my life:

->
Free
- Mr. Big
Steve: ''Bassist Andy Fraser was a big influence on me, and I’m not usually a big fan of bass solos, but the bass solo on Free's 'Mr. Big' is amazing.''

The lyrics are very different from iron maiden. it's like talking to a friend.
Steve writes very few of them. Taylor is the main lyricist, and he has his own obsessions, mainly childhood and teenage. From what I've read, the only song I'm sure it has been written by Steve on the last album is Spitfire, as it alludes to what his father used to tell him: like many London children, he was sent to a countride location during the Blitz.

Steve writes very few of them. Taylor is the main lyricist, and he has his own obsessions, mainly childhood and teenage. From what I've read, the only song I'm sure it has been written by Steve on the last album is Spitfire, as it alludes to what his father used to tell him: like many London children, he was sent to a countride location during the Blitz.
I do not know what they say in the interviews but it gives me the feeling that harris has written them.

the phrase from the song The Burning that says: "I have turned laughter to tears, punched my way to get here
Stole the fruit, bruised the skin from the heart of the innocent
Still you forgive. "
I think he talks about the experiences of Harris ... it gives me the impression that everything is written by harris.

Well it is not. He hilmself said it.
Taylor was abandoned by his parents, spent a part of his childhood in an orphanage before being adopted; as an adult, he had some hard times, even playing guitar and singing in the street to make a living. The suffering it caused to him is the subject of many songs, while Harris is less personal when writing lyrics.

Well it is not. He hilmself said it.
Taylor was abandoned by his parents, spent a part of his childhood in an orphanage before being adopted; as an adult, he had some hard times, even playing guitar and singing in the street to make a living. The suffering it caused to him is the subject of many songs, while Harris is less personal when writing lyrics.
So I am from Greece! I do not know english. I can not read English interviews. I do not know. the lyrics just touch me.

the piece that has touched me from iron maiden is the talisman. because I too have spent my life looking for the promised land. and you know why this song speaks. "we left our enemies behind" and in the end we got sick ourselves ...!

the phrase from the song The Burning that says: "I have turned laughter to tears, punched my way to get here
Stole the fruit, bruised the skin from the heart of the innocent
Still you forgive. "
I think he talks about the experiences of Harris ... it gives me the impression that everything is written by harris.

If there is anyone here who knows who writes what in British Lion, that person is @harrisdevot

I would trust what he says.

During an appearance on Nights With Alice Cooper, Iron Maiden bassist/bandleader Steve Harris looked back on the band's early days, explaining how he used to work as an architectural draughtsman in the East End of London, UK.

Steve studied architectural drawing at Leyton Sixth Form College. He launched Maiden in 1975 at the age of 19. It then took five years for the band to release its self-titled debut album. The musician said about his work as a draughtsman (transcribed by UG):

"Well, straight after school, really, I went straight into that job. I did my college stuff and on the weekends, two nights a week, and I made sure I got qualified to a certain degree because I thought, if the band don't work, then I'll have something to fall back on."

Steve has studied a little bit before Maiden became his full time job though.

Back