Steve Harris

An old story to show how cool Harris can be. Back in 1988, Bello learnt that Harris was mixing in the Electric Ladyland studio, so he went there with a few mates. He rang at the building's entrance and someone told him that Harris was eating at the corner of the block. They went, spotted him eating alone and waited for him in the freezing cold. He in turn noticed them, made a sign to make them enter the restaurant and he peid them the meal. American musicians have many stories of this kind: Hetfield's is great too.

Funny thing is he says Harris remembers this, but himself must have made a mistake about the date. He said Maiden were mixing 7th son, and he describes himself as a very young guy. But at that time, Anthrax were already quite an established band. I guess it was Powerslave instead.

Yeah he messed up everything, I can't believe how "I was 15 in 1988" slip through :). He was 19 and it was 1984.

I seriously think it was 1981. The Killer World tour, seriously. That was the Anthrax meets Harris story, told a few years ago. Ridiculous how he made up that 7th Son mixing session. Idiotic.

Guys from bands are terrible with remembering dates and what not. I heard a story of Paul Stanley introducing a song by saying this is the second song on such and such an album and the fans shouted back the correct song title, the only problem was Stanley had intended to introduce a different song:lol:

I seriously think it was 1981. The Killer World tour, seriously. That was the Anthrax meets Harris story, told a few years ago. Ridiculous how he made up that 7th Son mixing session. Idiotic.

No it probably wasn't. I find it hard to believe that Harris would ask a bunch of 15yo's to join him at the restaurant. Anyways Killers wasn't mixed in New York?

Frank Bello talk about himself like absolutely strangers and fans when Anthrax was invited to jump on stage in Heaven can wait song in 87 in New Jersey. There is a Ross Half picture showing this. They could even were one of the supporting bands then so I guess Harris knew him.

No it probably wasn't. I find it hard to believe that Harris would ask a bunch of 15yo's to join him at the restaurant. Anyways Killers wasn't mixed in New York?
I really remember a story by an Anthrax member about the Killers tour. They met Harris, and were teenagers. So the whole year and event (mixing instead of tour) seems wrong to me.

Ooh, I might be interested in that if travelling is allowed by then, saw the Darkness loads of times, always great live, last time they did an AMOLAD and played the whole of their then just released album.

Ooh, I might be interested in that if travelling is allowed by then, saw the Darkness loads of times, always great live, last time they did an AMOLAD and played the whole of their then just released album.

I saw them live in 2017 and they were great. I would probably get tickets to see them again this year. It would be nice to be able to walk to a local venue to see Steve Harris too.

Back