Steve Harris

The absolute hightlight of the night for me was getting this...

View attachment 11231

I had a bit of a juggling match with a woman in front of me before it landed on the floor and I pounced on it. Finally after 19 Iron Maiden shows and 3 British Lion shows I have managed to get an Iron Maiden thing. Thankfully it wasn't one of the wristbands Steve was wearing!

Wouldn’t it have been cheaper to buy something on eBay??

Wouldn’t it have been cheaper to buy something on eBay??
Probably, but I haven't been going to these shows just to get a wristband or plectrum. They're just an added bonus I've always wanted. I was close to getting a drumstick in 2006 and a wristband in 2007, but my persistence has finally paid off on Friday.

Probably, but I haven't been going to these shows just to get a wristband or plectrum. They're just an added bonus I've always wanted. I was close to getting a drumstick in 2006 and a wristband in 2007, but my persistence has finally paid off on Friday.

Going to 3 British Lion shows definitely shows commitment to the cause. :lol: ;)

Last edited:
What about the music?
I haven't missed any of the seven tours, so I guess I appreciate it, to say the least. I almost never listen to the debut, because it doesn't deliver the same energy than the live show. But, live, I genuinely love them and I expect a lot of the second album.

The friday gig was really good. The other guys are getting more and more confortable onstage, and Steve has so much fun. The two opening bands were really pleasant to hear and Tony Newton is a fantastic showman.
I thought I heard a couple of Frenchists in the queue!

Can I join your wristband cult now?
Have you missed any UK tour?
Yes. I only go to see them when it's convenient. I saw them on their first tour in 2013 in Glasgow (on my birthday) which was a bit of an inconvenience at the time (Cried was there too - remember him?). The other time I saw British Lion was in 2015 in Oxford which is a 25 minute train journey away, and central London is about the same. I didn't bother trying to make it to Norwich, Brighton or Folkstone in July 2014. From looking at setlist.fm, they played a few random locations and a couple of festivals - none of which would have been convenient or interesting to me.

I haven't missed any of the seven tours, so I guess I appreciate it, to say the least.
Wow, that is proper dedication to the cause! If there ever is a British Lion Fan Club, you should either get number one or run it!

Are you doing the North American tour next year? Steve should give you a lift from gig to gig!

I thought I heard a couple of Frenchists in the queue!
Can I join your wristband cult now?
We were litteraly a couple, as my wife joined me. She was more interested in spending three days in London than by the gig, but she did enjoy it.
Any new worshiper is welcome, as Steve Harris is the only real god :D

Wow, that is proper dedication to the cause! If there ever is a British Lion Fan Club, you should either get number one or run it!

Are you doing the North American tour next year? Steve should give you a lift from gig to gig!
No I won't. It's too expensive a journey, and I'm not enthusiastic about visiting the US under the present administration. I consider these gigs as the American leg of a 2019-2020 world tour, so I can leave on with the idea of not missing a single tour.

No I won't. It's too expensive a journey, and I'm not enthusiastic about visiting the US under the present administration. I consider these gigs as the American leg of a 2019-2020 world tour, so I can leave on with the idea of not missing a single tour.

And what if they completely change the setlist? Would still be the same tour?

Any Maidenfans members in these pictures?

www.Ritchie.Photography-VoodooSix-6.jpg

www.Ritchie.Photography-Crowd.jpg

Santa Clauss is a Bulgarian fan who lives in England and has worked for Steve Harris at some point. The guys and girl at the bottom are Italian. The girl litteraly chased Steve at the end of the gig. Crazy.

Back