Steve Harris

The descriptions whet my appetite.
I don't want it to sound like Maiden and I can get behind a straight-ahead rock album with some Harris textures.
Something has to leak soon.

French magazine "Rock Hard" has published a review today, and they don't seem to like the album that much. They say that three of the songs (Choosen Ones, A Wordl Without Heaven, Us Against the Wordl) could have been on a Maiden album (and in the interview, Harris seems to agree with the comment), but the rest is quite surprising. According to them, the very last song is all voice, violin and piano (!). They say the guitarists are very good, but that the singer's voice lacks power and agressivity. I don't know the guy who has reviewd the album ; maybe he is a pure Metalhead.

Chosen ones... there's a Megadeth song that haves the same name lol in the album Killing is my business. I don't think I'll be able to buy it since where I live it's already hard to find normal metal albums beside Metallica ones >.>

French magazine "Rock Hard" has published a review today, and they don't seem to like the album that much. They say that three of the songs (Choosen Ones, A Wordl Without Heaven, Us Against the Wordl) could have been on a Maiden album (and in the interview, Harris seems to agree with the comment), but the rest is quite surprising. According to them, the very last song is all voice, violin and piano (!). They say the guitarists are very good, but that the singer's voice lacks power and agressivity. I don't know the guy who has reviewd the album ; maybe he is a pure Metalhead.

Probably. I expect the album to be in a more 70's progressive rock edge and pure/hardcore metalheads don't seem to care about prog rock.

I've seen reviews that talked really positively towards the album. Kerrang gave it 4/5, Metal Hammer gave it 8/10 and Classic Rock gave it 7/10.

Even though the review of Drowned in Sound talks negatively about the vocalist, Classic Rock actually complimented the vocalist.

I wasn't sure about the spoiler tags, but figured I'd rather stay on the safe side.

From Facebook:

"We have a treat lined up for you! Tomorrow (Thursday 20th) you'll be able to hear the whole album online! Stay tuned for details..."

Yeah, sorry 'Arry, I'll still wait for the CD to arrive :D

So it'll be a consolation for me since I'm gonna get rejected tomorrow :D

I wouldn't like the release of such an awaited (and unexpected) album to be linked in my memories to such painfull moments. You've got my sympathies, but, like Ariana seems to suggest, stand and fight.

Back