Sons of Apollo

SonsofApollo-R800-030418.jpg

A few more dates for anyone who is interested. This time they're actually playing in Glasgow instead of Motherwell.

Don't understand why Maiden haven't added a Motherwell date to there Scotland schedule for the upcoming tour. Just doesn't make sense...

Saw SOA last night and pretty much agree with everything @MrKnickerbocker said in his review. Outside of GNR, I was not familiar with Bumblefoot. Not only is he a revelation on guitar, but he is a hell of a singer! Watching him and Billy together was jaw dropping!

After being a huge fan of the first 2 Yngwie cds, i FINALLY get to see Jeff sing live. He sounded great and is a very playful front man with both his fellow bandmates as well as the audience.

Seen Portnoy and Billy live previously twice with Winery Dogs as well as Portnoy with DT but this was my 1st time to see Derek. After his keyboard solo, now i know why he is referred to as a guitarist on keyboard

Never heard Eruption played on keyboard before! Very cool! Even though i love the PS cd and it all sounded perfect live (especially Opus Maximus), my favorite song of the night was Lines in the Sand!

Would love to see this band live again but my fear is at least one of them will quit and move on to some other project after the tour is over. Time will tell...

And neither is Belfast lol

Why do a lot of folks from the States call the UK "England"?

Is it laziness, or do they really think the UK is also called England? It baffles me.
I didn't notice that one. ::) I guess it's like how most of the world talks about Holland but the Dutch and Germans/Scandinavians talk about this made-up place called the Netherlands.

I didn't notice that one. ::) I guess it's like how most of the world talks about Holland but the Dutch and Germans/Scandinavians talk about this made-up place called the Netherlands.

That is another good example.

But these bands have actually played in Scotland, Ireland and Wales, so they should really know better.

So James Labrie had to pull out of his headline slot at ProgPower 2018. His replacement? Sons of Apollo.

It is a pretty big gig because it's the biggest progressive or power metal festival in the USA.

I will look forward to the future dvd release, the venue they played at is absolutely gorgeous!

Back