Songs You Wish Iron Maiden Had Made

The idea is to tell what already existing songs by other artists you wish Iron Maiden had really made in the first place/covered live.

Eye of the Tiger (1982), same tempo but heavier with three guitars. (later live) The song would appear in The Number of the Beast album instead of Gangland.

I can imagine Bruce shouting "Heys" or "Yeahs" during the intro when the drums come in, like in Revelations (live) (Flight 666)

This would be fun to see live. "And he's watching us all in the eyeeeee!!... of the tiger"

Tell yours,

Question: does this include things one would have / would like them to write about? Cuz if so, a chapter-by-chapter musical adaptation of Moby Dick wouldn't be amiss.

I mean wot

I was listening to Losfer Words earlier today and started to think about how a instrumental would have sounded on Somewhere in Time. That album might have the best sound of all Maiden albums, would have loved it if there was an instrumental on it.

It was planned, at least for a time ... the instrumental section of Alexander The Great.

No, there won't be one this time. All the songs have more or less the same duration – 4 to 5 minutes. But there is a great instrumental written by Steve.

Dickinson asked about epics on SiT.

I was listening to Losfer Words earlier today and started to think about how a instrumental would have sounded on Somewhere in Time. That album might have the best sound of all Maiden albums, would have loved it if there was an instrumental on it.
The best we have is probably the live take of Losfer Words from Dec '85 at the tail end of the Entire Population of Hackney gig, since the guitar tones are more in line with SiT than Powerslave at that point.

The source of the name has not been confirmed, since it only appears on bootlegs. So "Walking on Glass" might be fictitious as well and it probably is.

I believe there was some specific reason it's titled Walking on Glass on so many bootlegs (other than the obvious - it features a portion from Walking in the Air), but I can't for the life of me find it anymore. It was mentioned on here, I think.

Probably it never had an "official" name anyway, and bootleggers provided whatever looked appropriate to them. I guess " Silver And Gold intro" would look stupid anyway.
A great piece of music though, and part of me still hopes I'd live to see an official 1986 live release.

there's an interview with Steve where he said an instrumental would be on the album and I believe Alexander the Great is what became of it.

This one. Victims Of The Future. I would love to hear Bruce sing that.

But then again, if it was Maiden, there wouldn't be an blistering solo by the European answer to EVH, Gary Moore.

Question: does this include things one would have / would like them to write about? Cuz if so, a chapter-by-chapter musical adaptation of Moby Dick wouldn't be amiss.

I mean wot
Have you heard leviathan by Mastodon?

Have you heard leviathan by Mastodon?
Yes, and I've also heard The Call of the Wretched Sea by Ahab. Leviathan is meh, TCotWS is the best album of all time. :p

It was intended as a joke but I wouldn't mind knowing how Maiden would tackle the novel, lol.

Back