Songs that didn't work live

most of the band identify as Christians with the exception of Bruce so you should know it's for fun. No one I know truly worships the devil at Iron Maiden shows... No different than any other secular form of music.

"Iron Maiden" doesn't work on the Legacy of the Beast Tour because of the giant Baphomet Eddie on stage during the song.

There is NO WAY I will cheer to an image of the enemy. I am extremely disappointed in Maiden for taking this route. This forum can laugh at me if it wants to. This is dead serious stuff, whether you realize it or not. What the hell is Steve thinking?
I wouldn't get too worked up over it. It would seem Nicko is cool with it. Look at it this way - you're not praising the Devil with your username are you? Give Maiden the same break....

Doesn't that count as tour spoilers? I mean, the song itself isn't since come on but the actual stage production details surely count.

AkU3Qx5.gif

Seriously though, Iron Maiden the song has never not been played on an Iron Maiden show, at least not since the 1970's, and even then they probably did it every time.

AkU3Qx5.gif

Seriously though, Iron Maiden the song has never not been played on an Iron Maiden show, at least not since the 1970's, and even then they probably did it every time.

So, Iron Maiden, the song, has been on stage more times during an Iron Maiden concert that Steve Harris himself?

Although I love the SiT record (VERY MUCH) I have to admit that none of the songs from that album worked well while played live back in 86/87, that's why I would really love to see them back in set, to do them justice.
I mean, Bruce sang them bad, and some of them didn't have enough sharpness (CSIT lacked the rhytm guitar during the main riff, they could do it now and it would sound great...), maybe even guitar-synth thing was hard to emulate on stage...

I think The Great Unknown was a really weak moment in the Book of Souls Tour set. I can barely even remember them playing it, must've zoned out for a few minutes. I would've liked to have seen Benjamin Breeg in its place, that tour was the perfect opportunity to bring back some more recent songs.

Back