Songs that could have been hits with a better chorus

Como Estais Amigos is one of Maiden’s greatest songs, period. It is the most emotional song ever released. Blaze is giving it his all. How people can call it one of the worst songs ever is just beyond me.

But fine. You can go listen to the halfassery that is Purgatory instead.
Hahahaha... stop being a girl (or Justin Bieber) about it. The song sucks in my opinion, get over it.

BTW, if it were a crowd favorite, they would probably play it live...just sayin.

Last edited:
Hahahaha... stop being a girl (or Justin Bieber) about it. The song sucks in my opinion, get over it.
I’d get over it if you could actually explain in clear terms why you dislike. Not just “this sucks” but actually a well-written statement.

@Jer and I disagree with each other about the Blaze era too, but I respect him because he can actually make an argument.

Your negativity is seemingly for no reason other than “this sucks”. So no, I won’t “get over it” until you actually make an argument as to why “Como Estais Amigos”, one of Maiden’s absolute masterpieces, is actually shit.

I’d get over it if you could actually explain in clear terms why you dislike. Not just “this sucks” but actually a well-written statement.

@Jer and I disagree with each other about the Blaze era too, but I respect him because he can actually make an argument.

Your negativity is seemingly for no reason other than “this sucks”. So no, I won’t “get over it” until you actually make an argument as to why “Como Estais Amigos”, one of Maiden’s absolute masterpieces, is actually shit.
Blah blah blah, In my opinion: "it is a super lame song". From beginning to end, the song is weak, the chorus is 'soft and emotional' and not very 'Metal' AT ALL!!!

And if you don't like Purgatory, you better have some darn good reasoning as well. At least it's obviously early Metal Punk.

From beginning to end, the song is weak, the chorus is 'soft and emotional' and not very 'Metal' AT ALL!!!
A song doesn’t have to be “metal” to be good.

I am not a METAL fan, I am an Iron Maiden fan who happens to like a lot of bands that are metal.

Como Estais Amigos is one of Maiden’s greatest songs, period. It is the most emotional song ever released. Blaze is giving it his all. How people can call it one of the worst songs ever is just beyond me.

Just THINKING about the line "Shall our tears be of joy/ Shall we keep at bay the beast" gives me goose bumps. :)

I also like "Purgatory", though it actually demanded to be developed further. ;)

Although I like ATG a lot, I know it's not a crowd fav.

Definitely, the "don't know where to start explaining what's wrong this comment" award. :facepalm::clap:

Although I like ATG a lot, I know it's not a crowd fav. I wouldn't mind hearing it live, but would rather hear something else.
ATG is one of Maiden’s most popular songs. Just because it’s never been played live doesn’t mean it isn’t a “crowd fav”.

I actually prefer Purgatory over Como Estais. BUT! There's nothing wrong with the latter at all, it is yet another fine song from the Blaze era.

Back