Songs played live

[!--QuoteBegin-Marshall+May 26 2005, 08:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Marshall @ May 26 2005, 08:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Yes. Along with Flight of Icarus, which was later dropped.

I pointed this out on the IMBB and the Saint told me to make a post about it here, so...
Loneliness... and FoI were played on SoT.
[snapback]105689[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Thanks ! I raised the question on the SiT forum too.

Cheers

More work for me!?!?! AAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-JEFFMETAL+May 26 2005, 09:13 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(JEFFMETAL @ May 26 2005, 09:13 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Thanks a lot for this information and yesterday i received all the Maiden stuff i bought last week and this bootleg is one of the items and it's the very first gig of the Somewhere On Tour(D/M/Y - 10/9/1986) and 'Loneliness' is the third song played and Bruce's voice sometimes fails a little, maybe 'cos the song is very fast and maybe that's the reason for being dropped from the rest of the tour.
   Well, the quality is very poor,like it was recorded by someone who was inside a pool and there's Flight Of Icarus also.
   The set list was smaller too...well,it's not that good sound but a Maiden first gig of a tour is pretty rare to listen on the boots that run around.
[snapback]105708[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Actually the boot is incomplete. It was the regular full on show but for some reason the encores are missing.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Dance of Death:
30. Montségur
31. Gates of Tomorrow
32. New Frontier
33. Face in the Sand
34. Age of Innocence[/quote]

I would have loved if they had played Monstegur and New Frontier... specially Monstegur

The "Official" Iron Maiden FAQ, which is as a lot of us know, very old, and I got from the following url (http://www.faqs.org/faqs/music/iron-maiden-faq/part1/) says that

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST:  All except "Gangland." "Invaders" has been played
                          during their Auckland, NZ 1992 concert, about 3/4 of
                          the way through the set.

SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON:  All. "Only the Good Die Young" played less often.[/quote]

So what ? I think this FAQ is a trusty source of information.... lots of trivia pieces from this site came from this FAQ...

I am pretty sure about the INVADERS thing (Well at least, I am pretty sure that lots of people CONFIRM IT...). But it seems there are no bootleg(s) from this gig in New Zeland...

Also I HEARD a long time ago that MOTHER RUSSIA was played in some gigs. Also heard about a bootleg of it but now I can't find more information on it.

Anyway, I just wanted to add some "fire" to this discussion. [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:howdy:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wavey.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wavey.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-MigDaimon+Sep 27 2005, 10:58 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(MigDaimon @ Sep 27 2005, 10:58 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]The "Official" Iron Maiden FAQ, which is as a lot of us know, very old, and I got from the following url (http://www.faqs.org/faqs/music/iron-maiden-faq/part1/) says that
So what ? I  think this FAQ is a trusty source of information.... lots of trivia pieces from this site came from this FAQ...

I am pretty sure about the INVADERS thing (Well at least, I am pretty sure that lots of people CONFIRM IT...). But it seems there are no bootleg(s) from this gig in New Zeland...

Also I HEARD a long time ago that MOTHER RUSSIA was played in some gigs. Also heard about a bootleg of it but now I can't find more information on it.

Anyway, I just wanted to add some "fire" to this discussion.  [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:howdy:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wavey.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wavey.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]119402[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Both never played. Just rumours. Actually, I never HEARD that Mother Russia was played. It's nonsense.

I knew someone who was at the NZ-concert. He said they didn't play Invaders. By the way, it wouldn't make sense either, since the band (esp. Steve) always stated that they never liked the song much. I'll believe it when I hear it on a bootleg from this gig.

[!--QuoteBegin-Taffy+Jun 14 2005, 12:31 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Taffy @ Jun 14 2005, 12:31 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]quest for fire was never played live? why ?

haa haa
[snapback]108484[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Well they don't want the fans to start a riot and kill people now do you? Unless you're into that kind off stuff...

[!--QuoteBegin-Marshall+May 26 2005, 06:09 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Marshall @ May 26 2005, 06:09 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Yes. Along with Flight of Icarus, which was later dropped.

I pointed this out on the IMBB and the Saint told me to make a post about it here, so...
Loneliness... and FoI were played on SoT.
[snapback]105689[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Interesting. A bit late, perhaps, but suddenly I now realize this was the last time the band ever played this song live!

Bruce still played it with his solo band, but Maiden never did after Belgrado, 10 September 1986.

Too bad it didn't happen last summer (it was the last chance, I'm afraid). :-/

[!--QuoteBegin-Guest+Oct 3 2005, 11:19 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 3 2005, 11:19 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Interesting. A bit late, perhaps, but suddenly I now realize this was the last time the band ever played this song live!

Bruce still played it with his solo band, but Maiden never did after Belgrado, 10 September 1986.

Too bad it didn't happen last summer (it was the last chance, I'm afraid). :-/
[snapback]119718[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Sorry, it was me who posted the previous post. Seems I forgot to log in. [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Just in case: I was talking about Flight of Icarus.

Bruce came on stage during the encores at an Angra (brazilian band, quite big in France at that time) show in Paris in january 99 and delivered a good performance of "Flight of Icarus" duetting with Andre Matos, the singer from Angra.
And yes, I too would REALLY have liked to hear the band try a little bit harder (just 4 minutes!) and play FIO on this last tour. Too bad it didn't happen.
But maybe for the next early days or "memory" tour if it includes some songs from "Live after death"

They haven't played Deja vu live before? What is this madness? I've come to love that song in recent weeks. Maybe on the next history tour. Pity prodigal son's never been played live, it's good. And the prophecy? What's the reason for that? If this was a perfect world, Maiden would be able to play 24/7 and have setlists that include every one of their songs ever recorded [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Guest said:
Interesting. A bit late, perhaps, but suddenly I now realize this was the last time the band ever played this song live!

Correction: I just saw that Maiden played Flight of Icarus for the last time in Graz, Austria, 15 September 1986. That's a damn long time ago ! :/

After the last tour we can conclude that the following list is unchanged:

Album songs that Maiden did NOT play live:

Killers:
1. Prodigal Son

The Number of the Beast:
2. Invaders
3. Gangland

Piece of Mind:
4. Quest for Fire
5. Sun and Steel

Powerslave:
6. Flash of the Blade
7. The Duellists
8. Back in the Village

Somewhere in Time:
9. Deja-Vu
10. Alexander The Great

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son:
11. The Prophecy
12. Only the Good Die Young

No Prayer for the Dying:
13. Fates Warning
14. Run Silent Run Deep
15. Mother Russia

Fear of the Dark:
16. Fear is the Key
17. Childhood's End
18. The Fugitive
19. Chains of Misery
20. The Apparition
21. Judas Be My Guide
22. Weekend Warrior

The X-Factor:
23. Look for the Truth
24. Judgement of Heaven
25. 2 A.M.
26. The Unbeliever

Virtual XI:
27. Como Estais Amigos

Brave New World:
28. The Nomad
29. The Thin Line between Love and Hate

Dance of Death:
30. Montségur
31. Gates of Tomorrow
32. New Frontier
33. Face in the Sand
34. Age of Innocence

Forostar said:
Album songs that Maiden did NOT play live:

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son:
11. The Prophecy
12. Only the Good Die Young

are you sure about that ?

Forostar said:
Fear of the Dark:
16. Fear is the Key
17. Childhood's End
18. The Fugitive
19. Chains of Misery
20. The Apparition
21. Judas Be My Guide
22. Weekend Warrior

it's a pitty

Well, I have never seen a setlist or a bootleg with those songs mentioned. Neither did the band or anyone else talk about it so I'm 99,99% sure. ;)

About the FOTD album. Indeed a bit of a pitty. It got the least live attention from all Maiden albums. Only 42% of the material was played on stage!

I wouldn't mind "Childhood's End", "The Fugitive" or any other track. :)

Forostar said:
Well, I have never seen a setlist or a bootleg with those songs mentioned. Neither did the band or anyone else talk about it so I'm 99,99% sure. ;)

this is a serious argument for me.... my memory must be wrong -not a surprise !

Forostar said:
About the FOTD album. Indeed a bit of a pitty. It got the least live attention from all Maiden albums. Only 42% of the material was played on stage!

I wouldn't mind "Childhood's End", "The Fugitive" or any other track. :)

yeah, I like this album more and more with the time !! when it was released, I didn't like songs like the apparition or weekend warrior etc but I was young I guess -other kind of thinking ?

but now I like them all, and I LOVE the change of Bruce's voice in the 90s !!! I tjhink it was consiously taken descision and not some problem with his voice ....what do you think about that ?

____no5 said:
I tjhink it was consiously taken descision and not some problem with his voice ....what do you think about that ?

I doubt anyone ever claimed he had a problem with his voice at that time.

Perun said:
I doubt anyone ever claimed he had a problem with his voice at that time.

not in this forum, never saw it
not in the current press either

but back then, there was a doupt in the air, a questioning : "what's happening with him"
don't forget that about time, internet was not even existed for most of the people,
and our only informations were the metal magasines
...well, it was the metal journalists that spread the doubt !!  :bigsmile:

Well, that was the time that I got into them and I must confess that I could easily hear that Bruce's voice got rougher and that he had some more difficulties with higher parts. Later, in 1998 when I first got into the Maiden community (the Iron Maiden newsgroup) I remember that a lot of die hard Blaze fans defended Blaze, and they often used to attack the late Bruce period (NPFTD and FOTD) because of Bruce's vocals. Also Bruce himself once admitted that he wasn't too happy with his vocals, looking back at this period - either in the biography, either in some interview I once read. Also try to find old reviews from A Real Live One / A Real Dead One and I'm sure you might find some comments on his vocals.

Still, I guess that this has nothing to do with the selection of FOTD tracks.

Back