Something that shocks me a bit...

Travis The Dragon

AFTERGLOW!!!
Maiden released Brave New World. Toured for it and released a live DVD from the tour.

Same thing with Dance Of Death. Tour and live DVD release.

But then, they tour for A Matter Of Live And Death and play the ENTIRE album! And NO DVD is released from that?!?! But instead release a DVD for a tour AFTER that???

Quite surprising if you ask me! Oh well, at least there's the bootleg DVD of the Italy show with the 4 cam mix. :yey:

Yeah what BS. They do something awesome for the fans like playing the whole alum live and spoil it by not recording a single show! WTF?

Recorded I'm sure they did (they always do), they just didn't release it. They always record most of the tours since 1988.

Jeffmetal said:
Recorded I'm sure they did (they always do), they just didn't release it. They always record most of the tours since 1988.
They were supposed to release the Download show from 2007. where they played parts of AMOLAD the rest was classics... Kvein Shirley said that he was done mixing it years ago. Don't know what the fuck happened after that though.

A very BS move on their part, they could have at least properly recorded a "full" AMOLAD set and added the extra songs from Donington which was held during the "Matter of the Beast" tour. As some of us stated many times, what's the point of releasing DVDs which contain 50% of the same songs every time.

What happened with the produced Donington (Download) show, no-one knows. I'll ask Kevin Shirley on his facebook page, maybe he'll respond.

Well, I guess they felt that the whole album was just too much to release on DVD...or maybe (more likely) they thought people would be more likely to buy 4-5 new songs than a whole album live.

LooseCannon said:
Well, I guess they felt that the whole album was just too much to release on DVD...or maybe (more likely) they thought people would be more likely to buy 4-5 new songs than a whole album live.
Which is why they decided to release the Download show from 2007, featuring only a few songs from AMOLAD (Think it was Different World, These Colors Don't Run, Benjamin Breeg and For The Greater Good of God and possibly Brighter than a thousand suns) as well as older stuff, like Children of the Damned. Somehwere along the line they decided to flush it.

I'm convinced that after Maiden stops recording albums, they'll still tour. The theme of each tour will vary, but perhaps a way to do that is release a live album from that era. So we may yet see a live album/dvd (or whatever technology is available), perhaps in 2020, recorded on the first part of the AMOLAD tour. Remeber, Beast Over Hammersmith was given official release in Eddie's Head, then they played a slew of NOTB tracks in the Give Me 'Ed and the last bit of AMOLAD tour. However, for the nostalgia tour for 2013 my best guess is that they'd go with Maiden England. It's never had an official release and it could lead to perhaps, Seventh Son in it's entirety. Alas, I dream. Nothing's real until you feel.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
Oh well, at least there's the bootleg DVD of the Italy show with the 4 cam mix. :yey:

Fonzbear2000 - what is the quality like of this Italian AMOLAD tour DVD.  Do the camera's follow all guitarists , particularly during solos, or is it centred primarily on Bruce and Steve?  Do you know where it can still be located on the net?  Thanks. :)

In the Flight 666 video you can clearly hear/see Steve and Kevin mixing a live version of FTGGOG, probably from Download 2007.  It was filmed in 2008, so chances are it's still coming out soon.  Steve said in a recent interview that they have a DVD planned in the next year or so, so I imagine that's what it is.

MEATALIST said:
I'm convinced that after Maiden stops recording albums, they'll still tour.

Ain't going to happen. Maiden is no Kiss, Maiden is no Black Sabbath. Maiden don't tour without knowing they'll be productive again next year (or the year after).

I'm predicting we might never see the light of day for the Donington '07 show, and a full AMOLAD show will be released instead.

GuineaPig said:
I'm predicting we might never see the light of day for the Donington '07 show, and a full AMOLAD show will be released instead.
who knows, maybe we will after all
this idea came to me: releasing donington package with all 3 shows they headlined ('88, '92 & '07) would be great idea

The Mid-Distance Runner said:
Fonzbear2000 - what is the quality like of this Italian AMOLAD tour DVD.  Do the camera's follow all guitarists , particularly during solos, or is it centred primarily on Bruce and Steve?  Do you know where it can still be located on the net?  Thanks. :)
The cameras do show the guitar solos for the most part. I think I got it from here: http://www.dimeadozen.org/

I'm pretty sure back in 2006/2007 it was reported that Maiden were recording some of the shows on the initial tour that featured the whole AMOLAD album, I remember many people wondering if the Donington '07 DVD would feature the rest of AMOLAD live as a bonus, with each song from different venues a bit like Somewhere Back In Time (though this idea was before that was released). Maybe me or someone else will do some digging and find the articles relating to that.

But yeah, Donington '07 was definitely recorded (as I saw that live streamed on the internet) and has definitely been mixed and finished off by Shirley along with Maiden England, which is also awaiting release. Again, it was suggested at the time that it was delayed because Maiden tend to release one big thing per year (album, DVD, etc) and so 2008 was for Live After Death and 2009 for Somewhere Back In Time. But it is a bit odd still as one wonders when will they ever release it? Time goes on and a live album/DVD for AMOLAD becomes less and less relevant, as surely the best time to maximise sales from live stuff is to release it fairly quickly after the tour?

It could be something else like licensing issues or something with the organisors of Donington but thats very unlikely. Pretty much: who knows?

I think the amount of time it took afterwards for Shirley to get around to finishing the mix on Donington '07 put it into 2008, and the band felt it was too late then and put it in limbo for the time being until they had a year where they don't have anything to release. They don't want to conflict with their other releases and they seem to prefer pacing their releases by year or so to avoid pricing the fans out of buying it in the 1st week. (after all, if they released say 2 live albums/dvds and a studio album in one year, I don't imagine everyone could afford to pay for all that or feel the worth). This is just my guessing though.

Thanks again fonz...found the torrent and am looking forward to some high quality AMOLAD footage.

I wonder if Maiden chose not to release Live at Download 2007 because of Bruce's fall during Wrathchild.  I don't think Bruce would have minded either way, in fact, he pulled off a fairly respectable recovery by singing from the ground then rising to his feet with a quick shake of the head and snarl.  However maybe Steve, being the one who seems to have the final say, didn't like the idea of releasing a concert in which the lead singer takes a tumble...

The Mid-Distance Runner said:
Thanks again fonz...found the torrent and am looking forward to some high quality AMOLAD footage.

I wonder if Maiden chose not to release Live at Download 2007 because of Bruce's fall during Wrathchild.  I don't think Bruce would have minded either way, in fact, he pulled off a fairly respectable recovery by singing from the ground then rising to his feet with a quick shake of the head and snarl.  However maybe Steve, being the one who seems to have the final say, didn't like the idea of releasing a concert in which the lead singer takes a tumble...
Highly doubt that's why.

Besides, they could've used other camera angles where you don't see Bruce during the fall.

Back