So is this the last?

lcarus

Prowler
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'm just curious if this will be their last album.  I really hope not!  I don't like any new music really except Maiden's new stuff.  The Final Frontier is the only album I've looked forward to since god knows when.

I say if they can keep making good music and enjoy it then they should go on forever.  There will never be another band as good as Maiden.  :shred:

This has been discussed before, MANY times. Look through the pages on this forum or a quick search...

lcarus said:
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'm just curious if this will be their last album.  I really hope not!  I don't like any new music really except Maiden's new stuff.  The Final Frontier is the only album I've looked forward to since god knows when.

I say if they can keep making good music and enjoy it then they should go on forever.  There will never be another band as good as Maiden.  :shred:

Steve said it isn't, and Steve is the man!

I'm going to bet it is and really, I hope so.

I honestly don't see how they will top this and if they did make another, it would be at least three years from now. I can't see Bruce doing this for very much longer.

LordMaiden said:
I'm going to bet it is and really, I hope so.

I honestly don't see how they will top this and if they did make another, it would be at least three years from now. I can't see Bruce doing this for very much longer.

Eh, i didnt' think they could top AMOLAD, to be honest.  If anything, they can further the approach from this album.  How about an album with 8 10 minutes songs with 3 guitars flying everywhere at all times.  Or an hour long album that is just one song.  They can do lots of things.  Or an album underwater, or on a ship, with a pirate eddie!  I'm getting hard just thinking of where they will go next.

They have at least 2 more albums (at a rate of one album per 3 years ). I judge the age of a band by the age of its singer and Dickinson is only 52 . If Dio could recoord and perform at the age of 67-68, i am sure that Dickinson (who is a very "active" human being n general) will be able to do the same at the age of 57-58. Plus they have been so popular in the last 3-4 (e even doing sold out tours at 15-20.000 arenas in the U.S) that it will be quite difficult to resist going on a bit longer.

It's not a matter of how long they can last (Bruce going till he's 57, Nicko being 63) I mean I'm sure they could.

It's more a matter of if they want to.  If at 60 years old you want to be touring on planes and buses preforming for 13 year olds. I mean they might. Or they might just want to slow down, hang out with the family, and wait for grandkids.

For me personally, if I was 60, I don't think I'd want to deal with all that, but maybe that's because I plan on being a grumpy old man.  :)

Looking at Dickinson's way of living i am sure that he, of all people, will want to continue for a very long time. Hell, i wouldn't be surprised if he he decides to return to his solo career if Maiden call it quits after 3-4 years.

johnglen said:
Looking at Dickinson's way of living i am sure that he, of all people, will want to continue for a very long time. Hell, i wouldn't be surprised if he he decides to return to his solo career if Maiden call it quits after 3-4 years.

I agree, which is partly why I wouldn't be totally sad if Maiden decided to call it quits. We'd still have Bruce.

This album did sound like a swan song to me, like Steve just said that because he wanted the album to come off differently, but I'm probably wrong. And I truly hope I am.

Then again, Steve doesn't really play around, does he?

johnglen said:
I was thinking the same. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Maiden put out an album, but didn't tour. I wouldn't mind that.

They're not quitting, it sure doesn't seem like it with an ambitious touring cycle like this (and you know if they were to do a farewell tour they'd announce it!)

They're probably just going to slow down a bit and not play as often, and taper things off slowly. They're performers at heart.

LordMaiden said:
OK, so I'm the only one so far who thinks this is it? Somebody has got to help me out here.

Well...they DID say it wasn't it, so i'd have to take that over your opinion, despite how well founded your opinion is.  It's an amazing album, and a good one to go out on.  But the next one is going to be even better!  :rocker:

The question we have to ask is not...is this the last album...but, is this nearly the last tour? Iron Maiden will not tour without the promise of an album, unless it's the last tour. Steve's got too much integrity for that.

We have to remember these guys ain't young, though. Nick's 56. If it's 4 more years, he'll be 60. Bruce will be what, 55? Still young enough to rock, but not as hard as they once did. If they feel they can't keep the same integrity, they'll pull it in and end the show.

Maiden's a band that puts out an album so they can tour. Hell, they're a band that, over the past 12 years, has toured four times for no reason other than "We're doing a tour!"

Since BNW, every album has been an improvement on its predecesor. BNW was better then VXI, DOD was better (as an album) then BNW, AMOLAD was better than DOD. And apparently TFF is better than AMOLAD. (I havn't heard it.) I don't think IM will release a bad album Rod and Steve won't have that. Lets say  maiden did 5 more albums. That album could be the best thing they've ever done. Then there is the followup. If they work on it for a bit and it isn't better than the last one they should call it quits.
This goes for TFF too. If they write another one and it isn't better than AMOLAD they should release a history DVD and do a farewell tour. If the band have this mindset I think we can expect plenty more albums.

Back