So does anyone know how the paperless entry works?

Demigod_Tyek

Powerslave
Going to the Tulsa show on Friday, and the tickets I bought are paperless. I know they've been offered as an option the past several tours, but I always selected to have an actual ticket (prefer it this way). Paperless, however, was mandatory this time.

Was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these? Is all you need the card you bought the tickets with and a photo ID?

Only reason I'm paranoid and asking is because I'm traveling over 400 miles for the concert and obviously won't have any second chances at going back home in case I don't have what's needed.

When ticketmaster emailed me my purchase confirmation, one of the delivery options on the email is "print-at-home"

When ticketmaster emailed me my purchase confirmation, one of the delivery options on the email is "print-at-home"

Didn't give me that option, so it might be venue specific. But for Tulsa and Chicago, it only gave me the option for paperless entry.

Make sure you have the credit card you used to purchase the tix.

I'll have it with me definitely. Just wanted to know what the procedure is expected to be like.

Didn't give me that option, so it might be venue specific. But for Tulsa and Chicago, it only gave me the option for paperless entry.

I'll have it with me definitely. Just wanted to know what the procedure is expected to be like.

I am going to Chicago and the email did give me that option. Strange it did not for you. I will print the tix AND bring my card with me as well just in case.

Yep, and like I said, I'm just super paranoid because I will be nowhere close to home. It would be just my luck to get to the venue and then there's some kind of problem on the paperless entry's end.

Everything seemed to go alright in Tulsa last night. Got up to the entrance, the lady scanned my card and then printed out the two tickets for my friend and I. Whole process took maybe 10-15 seconds.

I'm assuming it didn't go as well in Florida?

Paperless ticketing worked out well for me in Tulsa. Even with a credit card that had been closed due to fraud. They swiped it, and it just worked. I got a real time ticket (slip of paper) printed out. I had time to stand in line to buy some merch, wait in the long line to the men's room, find my seat, and I still had to sit through the entire Raven Age set. ;)

BB&T problems were compounded by torrential sideways rain that started right at 8pm with thousands still outside waiting in line to get in. When my sons and I crested the stairs from the street to the arena entrance level we heard the thousands of people chanting BullShit! Bullshit! We took cover and watched as a mass of people stood in the rain and the line did not move at all. Finally when the rain letup I saw an arena official who directed us around the corner. Once in and scanned, we descended to the floor level only find that the paperless ticket issued was not good enough to enter the floor area, you had to find a mysterious wristband location doling out wristbands in the area of section 130.
This was an absolute nightmare to navigate those concourses flooded with people to find this mystery wristband location. That arena sucked, they weren't ready and the sound there is terrible. Other than that Iron Maiden are legends, and I got serious goosebumps standing 30 feet from the stage

Edited by moderator to remove spoiler

Last edited by a moderator:
It probably depends on the arena, it went smoothly in Vegas. Someone (forgot who) said that is how that venue normally does tickets, so they probably have a better system in place.

Back