Slayer

Some people on Slayer's Facebook page claim that Jeff is ready for touring since July 2012. I sense a shitstorm coming soon. I think I saw only one interview with Jeff since that injury, and it's been like 2 years since it occured.

Also:
543997_441142939295985_1151835248_n.jpg

From facebook:

Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.

Not following the recent Slayer drama, I had no idea that he was in bad health. Awful news. RIP

Unbelievable. I never saw Slayer with him (only once with Gary Holt). I was hoping he'd recover for this European tour... They should disband. It's over. He wrote all the best songs. Even if there was a point in touring without him, hoping it's just temporary and that he'll come back, now that hope is gone...

Yeh, just read this on AOL news, of all places. Sad news. They said he had been ill for a while, after being bitten by a spider! o_O (Have no idea how much truth there is in that story; liver failure was still cited as the cause of death. To be fair, everyone is mentioning the spider bite. That's pretty bad luck; necrotizing fasciitis isn't that common.)

Necrotizing fasciitis and liver failure aren't related, unless an absurd thing happened. I think most people weren't aware of the fact that Jeff's necrotizing fasciitis healed and he was facing other health problems since he didn't return. But yeah, skin eating bacteria disease was already over.

So many websites are speculating that his death was related to the spider bite

It could be related, only through medical treatment, though. Maybe his liver couldn't take the amount of medicine given to him. I doubt it though, he had an alcohol problem.

Back