Sheriff of Huddersfield

A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Sheriff Of Huddersfield' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'sheriff Of Huddersfield'

It's great...I think.

The song's pretty good, but could be better. You've gotta love Ol' Brucey, though. His impression of Rod is really great.

'sheriff Of Huddersfield'

Yes, another day, another classic song commented on by me.

Anyway. Sheriff of Huddersfield is not great musically but as a laughable kind of thing does perfectly (kinda like "Bayswater..." + "Nodding Donkey...")

Just got the Urchin album High Roller, which includes "Life in the City", which is the music used for Huddersfield.  They stuck quite close to the original with the exception of removing an instumental section in the middle

I am afraid not. If I am correct, bearfan only buys vinyl (or hardly CD's for that matter).

4/10

Sheriff of Huddersfield is an inspired bit of silliness in which Bruce mimics and mocks Maiden’s manager, Rod Smallwood, who had recently moved to Los Angeles and apparently never stopped whining about it. It’s fun, but the in-joke grows old upon repeated listens.

Luisma's book mentions that one of the FC mag's states that this was played live on Rod's birthday. Does anyone know if a bootleg exists of this?

Luisma's book mentions that one of the FC mag's states that this was played live on Rod's birthday. Does anyone know if a bootleg exists of this?

I have searched hi and low for this bootleg but to my knowledge it doesn't exist... Of all the bootleg pages I have visited I have never seen it listed or available so it would be awesome to see if anyone has it

By the way, the FC is No. 20 and here´s the part @srfc mentions

Attachments

• FC Magazine No. 20-12_page-0001.jpg
    FC Magazine No. 20-12_page-0001.jpg
    694.3 KB · Views: 17
By the way, the FC is No. 20 and here´s the part @srfc mentions
If Rod was born in 1950, that means his 47th birthday would have been in 1997. Maiden didn't even tour that year much less play 3 nights at Long Beach ever in the Blaze years. When exactly were the 3 Long Beach shows?

Back