Senjutsu charts position

Is the other 75% turbo folk?

Apparently no, that does not even chart.
From newer acts Billie Ellish and that K-pop act BDM or whatever is called.

Cajka doesn't sell records you know. It's not music its just a nasty ambient noise used in arhaic rituals of Balkan tribes.
I bet some of our acts that belong in same timeframe, like Gibonni or Massimo, even pop like Vanna or Nina Badric or stuff like that, outsells top cajka like 25 to 1, whilst having a way smaller fanbase.

Apparently no, that does not even chart.
Yes, but this is one big mistery to me, Cajke/folk music event dont existe on radio and charts. But they are occupying YT trending all the time, online numbers of them are crazy and before corona a lot of these "singers" sold out a big arena shows.

And also it is crazy how good numbers Maiden are having in Croatia, I dont know about other bands but Maiden is maybe the most popular rock/metal act here?

The local record companies are aligned and they were always aligned westward, since they were formed in 50s or 60s or whenever that was. They probably don't have them in repertoire because they don't even cooperate with their recording companies.

Also isn't there a FM with cajke in Zagreb? Called "Extra" or something?

I know people that go to cajke occasionally. I would never consider these people going out and buying music.

When you go to turbofolk, club or arena, the least amount of money you spend on actual performer/ticket. The 90% of it goes to booze, cocaine and VIP accesses. The point of cajke is not the concert, it's that you and your 5 buddies are going to pay extra 200e for separate booth and then you're going to pay 200e for expensive liquor and 500e for drugs so you can lure some chicks in.

It's not about the music - hence no real sales.

Don't know if this is already mentioned here but....do we know how many units it sold worldwide??

Not to derail the thread further but this isn't the whole truth.

Smith/Kotzen charted at #10 in the US album only charts which doesn't include streaming. However, it seems to have missed the Billboard 200 completely according to wiki at least. I can't find solid information on where it ended up in the overall charts.

Nightwish's last album charted at #5 in the Billboard album sales and #110 in the Billboard 200.
Ah, was going to say something seemed off about it charting in the top-10.

Also, I'm totally calling BTS 'BDSM' from now on.

Errrrr... before the band was even formed Therion had already released Theli,
Released in the year Nightwish formed. Could be after they formed, but your point stands. Although I'd say the bands are distinctly different.
And Therion started from death metal and Nightwish (neo classic) power metal.

Theater Of Tragedy had already made their debut and X Japan was already around for quite a time just to mention some.
Very different band. And different subgenre(s).

Stratovarius is an oldie as well. They are the main influence for early Nightwish.

Last edited:
Errrrr... before the band was even formed Therion had already released Theli, Theater Of Tragedy had already made their debut and X Japan was already around for quite a time just to mention some.
And before 'Theli', there was also Angra's 'Angels Cry' which also introduced metal to symphonic music in some way...

You can also add Believer's "Dies Irae" in 1990 + Rhapsody in 1995 with its demo "Eternal Glory".

Released in the year Nightwish formed. Could be after they formed, but your point stands. Although I'd say the bands are distinctly different.
And Therion started from death metal and Nightwish (neo classic) power metal.
It's not where it starts but where it ends. Theli is 100% symphonic Metal, period. And Nightwish's first demo was released almost an year after Theli.
Very different band. And different subgenre(s).
They're both Symphonic metal albums. Nobody said nothing about Power-Metal-Based-Symphonic-Metal. And even if we are counting this genre:

Stratovarius is an oldie as well.
And before 'Theli', there was also Angra's 'Angels Cry' which also introduced metal to symphonic music in some way...

You can also add Believer's "Dies Irae" in 1990 + Rhapsody in 1995 with its demo "Eternal Glory".
Well... there you go! (And BTW before Nightwish's debut Angra had already also released Holy Land).

It's not where it starts but where it ends. Theli is 100% symphonic Metal, period. And Nightwish's first demo was released almost an year after Theli.

I told you, your point stands.
They're both Symphonic metal albums. Nobody said nothing about Power-Metal-Based-Symphonic-Metal
Do you confuse this reaction with the Theli album?

I was talking about the band Theatre of Tragedy. Using a keyboard in metal does not make it symphonic metal.

Do you confuse this reaction with the Theli album?

I was talking about the band Theatre of Tragedy. Using a keyboard in metal does not make it symphonic metal.
Hey don't take it from me... But Wiki is worth what is worth.

And then there's King Diamond... but I don't even wanna go down that road. Saying King Diamond is Symphonic Metal is the same as saying Black Sabbath is Stoner/ Doom... 100% true but over reductive.

Back