Senjutsu charts position

What’s this obsession with Nightwish ? Entire metal sub-genres took Maiden’s musical elements and modified them from power metal (both european and american) to melodeath. Seriously stop this thing about....Nightwish (of all bands). You said your piece , we get it.
I didn't mean to drag out pages of this thread about Nightwish. I just made a comment and got some very silly responses which I've been trying to address.
Calling them a Eurovision band is factually lying and quite frankly just trolling, calling them a club band is factually lying and trolling. Calling them "bubblegum music with tons of keyboards and no real substance or....you know heaviness." is delusional, pretentious and close minded.

What in particular makes you consider the album to be pretentious?
All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World: Vista
All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World: The Blue
All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World: The Green
All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World: Moops
All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World: Aurorae
All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World: Quiet As The Snow
All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World: Anthropocene
All The Works Of Nature Which Adorn The World: Ad Astra

Is this the chorus of the first Harris song from album #18…?

That's the bonus disk
Tuomos has an interest in that sort of stuff.

I don't listen to the bonus disk, its not my type of music.
But I still fail to see your point. If a person is interested in that kind of music and releases it, how is that pretentious?

That's the bonus disk
Tuomos has an interest in that sort of stuff.

I don't listen to the bonus disk, its not my type of music.
But I still fail to see your point. If a person is interested in that kind of music and releases it, how is that pretentious?
It's a double album. And it's pretentious because it tries to be grand, massive, whatever, and it's just a massive snoozefest.

You should all stop talking about NW, please. It's a Maiden thread here. About Maiden's new album and its place in world's charts. If you wanna argue about NW or other bands than Maiden, please do it in other bands threads on this forum. Thanks in advance, guys. ;)

Senjutsu #1 in Croatia

and

Dance of Death #6
Live in Mexico City #9
Brave New World #13
Book Of Souls #16
Live After Death #17
Fear of the Dark #30
BOS : Live Chapter #31
Somewhere In Time #37
and finally Powerslave #38.

So 25% of the charts is Iron Maiden.

No Drake tho :(

It's a double album. And it's pretentious because it tries to be grand, massive, whatever, and it's just a massive snoozefest.
I watched a react youtube clip of a guy that's really good at music theory. He loved it, didn't consider it a snoozefest at all.
Perhaps that means it's not pretentious???

Maiden's epics on Senjutsu were trying to be grand, massive, whatever. Maybe they are pretentious.

Hey, maybe if people choose to avoid doing grand things, choose to only do small simple songs, nothing fancy, verse then chorus, verse then chorus, nothing technically challenging, then maybe they can avoid being pretentious.

This is just beyond the pale!

So.......what about Senjutsu's chart position then?
Yes, agreed. This thread seems to bring out the worst in folk. Lots of triggered and salty replies because someone dares have an opinion.

Back on topic, we should discover how Senjutsu did in its second week by tomorrow. I reckon it'll hang in the top ten for one more week. Somewhere between #5 and #8. Metal albums don't usually remain in the charts for long.

Oh, and Nightwish are great. ;)

Don't want to bring Nightwish vs Maiden discussion back. But since this thread is about chart positions, it is interesting to point out that Smith/Kotzen debut album landed at no. 10 in US and 17 in UK while the new Nightwish album landed at 110 in US and 27 in UK! I think Nightwish is just popular in some European countries like Germany. They don't even chart well in UK, Italy or France.

PS: Nightwish is an awesome band and i really like some of their stuff. I just wanted to throw in some facts.

Last edited:
All I know is that I stand In a serenade of glory, don't know about you guys!

• Haha
Reactions: Jer
Don't want to bring Nightwish vs Maiden discussion back. But since this thread is about chart positions, it is interesting to point out that Smith/Kotzen debut album landed at no. 10 in US and 17 in UK while the new Nightwish album landed at 110 in US and 27 in UK! I think Nightwish is just popular in some European countries like Germany. They don't even chart well in UK, Italy or France.

PS: Nightwish is an awesome band and i really like some of their stuff. I just wanted to throw in some facts.
Not to derail the thread further but this isn't the whole truth.

Smith/Kotzen charted at #10 in the US album only charts which doesn't include streaming. However, it seems to have missed the Billboard 200 completely according to wiki at least. I can't find solid information on where it ended up in the overall charts.

Nightwish's last album charted at #5 in the Billboard album sales and #110 in the Billboard 200.

Not to derail the thread further but this isn't the whole truth.

Smith/Kotzen charted at #10 in the US album only charts which doesn't include streaming. However, it seems to have missed the Billboard 200 completely according to wiki at least. I can't find solid information on where it ended up in the overall charts.

Nightwish's last album charted at #5 in the Billboard album sales and #110 in the Billboard 200.
Yeah, correct. Nightwish landed at no.5 on physical sales charts and did fairly better than debut of Smith/Kotzen in US. Anyhow, my point is that Nightwish is not a very popular band even by Metal/Hard Rock standards. Their best certification is just one Platinum in Germany. Not even a single Gold/Silver album in UK, Italy or France, let alone the other parts of the world in a career spanning 25 years. I know they are very big in their homeland Finland, Germany and some parts of Europe, but that's it, they don't have much impact & influence elsewhere.

Yeah, correct. Nightwish landed at no.5 on physical sales charts and did fairly better than debut of Smith/Kotzen in US. Anyhow, my point is that Nightwish is not a very popular band even by Metal/Hard Rock standards. Their best certification is just one Platinum in Germany. Not even a single Gold/Silver album in UK, Italy or France, let alone the other parts of the world in a career spanning 25 years. I know they are very big in their homeland Finland, Germany and some parts of Europe, but that's it, they don't have much impact & influence elsewhere.
They appear to be one of those bands who don't sell massive amounts of records but can do huge tours. Their last tour was mostly arenas. I doubt Smith/Kotzen could do such big venues on their own.

Speaking of which, when are we getting a Smith/Kotzen tour?

They appear to be one of those bands who don't sell massive amounts of records but can do huge tours. Their last tour was mostly arenas. I doubt Smith/Kotzen could do such big venues on their own.

Speaking of which, when are we getting a Smith/Kotzen tour?
As far as I know, there are no concert dates for Smith/Kotzen scheduled in 2021. I guess it is a little bit tricky for them to pick a timeline.

Back