Senjutsu charts position

Senjutsu is projected to sell 53k in the US, 21k less than Book of Souls. They might get the 5th place, a step down from both FF and BOS.

dads-were-doomed.gif

I wonder if the sales would have been better had the album been released right at the end of the LOTB 2019 tour.
Maybe not. I think it's just that people don't buy albums anymore, and Maiden fans are not that much into digital stuff. Drake will sell the equivalent of 600k copies. And it takes something like 3k streams to make one copy. It's mindblowing.

I wonder if the sales would have been better had the album been released right at the end of the LOTB 2019 tour.
I think so! There was crazy amount of hype in the States during that tour. They may have lost some momentum during the pandemic which of course isn't entirely Maiden's fault.

We're still talking about projections, but given that in the UK they're at half of what BoS sold it can't be that from the truth.

Honestly I never expected them to sell that less. Or less, for that matter. The promotions in the US was heavier than for other countries.

Must say a very optimistic but I think no way Senjutsu will sold more than Drake's last album in every country in the world (almost). And generally people don't buy the physical versions of the albums anymore. I' m old school fan and this situation is not comfortable at all.
In
Turns out he was (almost) right!

Since yesterday they sold only 2k copies in the UK. By friday they will probably be at 40/42k, which not only would be the worst result since TFF (44k) but they will lose the first spot too (Drake sold the equivalent to 5k in one day).

Maybe not. I think it's just that people don't buy albums anymore, and Maiden fans are not that much into digital stuff. Drake will sell the equivalent of 600k copies. And it takes something like 3k streams to make one copy. It's mindblowing.

So basically, Drake has sold 50k physical units, and the rest of that figure is made up for with 3000 x 550K???

I think so! There was crazy amount of hype in the States during that tour. They may have lost some momentum during the pandemic which of course isn't entirely Maiden's fault.

I think they lost that momentum by sitting on the album for so long. A shame, as they could have finally got a #1 album in the USA.

Last edited:
No sign of Senjutsu in the Belgium Ultratop, but that list is from last saturday. I´m pretty sure Maiden will show up this weekend.

Back