Senjutsu charts position

I can only speculate. I think that metal sells well because Croat metalheads like merchandise while average Croat the music enjoyer doesn't care for it.

Music piracy for personal enjoyment is basically legal in Croatia. If you're cheap, or on a tight budget, which covers majority of Croats, if you don't have specific passion or allegiance to the author, there's little reason to go out and buy anything.

So - Maiden sells well, but most other music undersells heavily. And we're talking about a tiny market where promotion and exposure counts as gold.

I can only speculate. I think that metal sells well because Croat metalheads like merchandise while average Croat the music enjoyer doesn't care for it.

Music piracy for personal enjoyment is basically legal in Croatia. If you're cheap, or on a tight budget, which covers majority of Croats, if you don't have specific passion or allegiance to the author, there's little reason to go out and buy anything.

So - Maiden sells well, but most other music undersells heavily. And we're talking about a tiny market where promotion and exposure counts as gold.

Local conditions aside it sounds like a very motivated fan base has done a great job.

Small correction on the position of 'Senjutsu' in the French charts. Maiden remains at the 66th position in this 9th post-release week. The group's 17th album has therefore not yet been released from the Top 200. :)

MaidenChartsFrance9èmeSemaine.jpg

Back