''

from Hell On Earth lyrics:
''You dance on the graves who bled for us
Do you really think they'll come for us
Knowledge and virtue taken by lust
Live on the edge of those that you trust
''

Nice trick, Steve! :applause:
That's because all the songs have connection between them. Has Maiden done another "concept" album ? ;)

Oh I don't know so far. Im 2 runs in, and obviously need many more...but I'm concerned about the lack of a 10/10 song?
There has always been 2 or 3 10/10 songs on every reunion album. Feel like I can't see through the density of the album yet.

Popoff should read our discussions here! Maybe we could ask a Q+A with him?

Also, perhaps we should do a petition to invite Steve and everybody to discuss with us on maidenfans forums, would be awesome.

Reactions: Gk1
Like the connection of Moonchild's lyrics in the intro and OTGDY's lyrics in the outro - again first and last song on the album.

No, not quite the same thing. For 7th son's case, this was the intro and outro of the album and everybody could catch that. Plus the nice touch of missing "and your trip begins" verse in the end.
Also to be noted that 7th son was released during vinyl era so those intros /outros were practically separate entities as you could see their limits from the vinyl's grooves.

Here we have a deeper cut with some "hidden symmetry" hidden inside first and last songs which in my opinion is even more elegant like a blink from Steve to us fans who dug and found it.

Also, John Northfield and Paul Sears are mentioned in between the run of ex Maiden members/roadies, are they guys from the early days too?

Yeah he usually thanks the most, but the run of old mates and ex-members is a bit unusual, but as I mentioned earlier he seems to have met up with a lot of the old members just prior to when this album was recorded.

Yeah he usually thanks the most, but the run of old mates and ex-members is a bit unusual, but as I mentioned earlier he seems to have met up with a lot of the old members just prior to when this album was recorded.
Maybe it's for the 50th celebration in 2025, when the band is planning a super tour with all the ancien band members... So, it confirms the 18th album for 2024 (maybe including some featurings with the band members that Steve is quoting in the thanks section ?). ;)

I received mine today. Fantastic looking album. It’s a deep, translucent blood red color. It’s gorgeous.View attachment 16963
Man, the way you’re holding this... I get so worried I’m gonna damage anything on my records that I touch them as daintily as possible lol. You’re posting a power move and it’s scaring me!

But I also got my package yesterday and I can confirm that this image isn’t doctored, the vinyl really does look awesome. I wasn’t expecting it to be translucent, but it’s a really nice touch. Probably the coolest looking record I’ve got now and can’t wait to play it!

"The Days of Future Past" sounds like something off Chemical Wedding as played by Iron Maiden. Worst song on the album for me. "Darkest Hour" is a lot better but reminds me a lot of "The Alchemist", again Chemical Wedding.

Like all Harris songs - "Hell on Earth" the most, "Lost in a Lost World" second most, but "The Time Machine" and "Stratego" are my favourites so far overall. It's funny how I could almost say beforehand just knowing who wrote the songs which ones I'd like.

wich songs will be played live on the next tour?

Sentjutsu
Stratego
Writting on the wall

Those for sure.....but i have no clue about the other 2 or 3.

Back