Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Just need to get this out there: Magnificient album. Absolutely magnificent. Masterpiece. I tried so hard to not have any expectations and take the album for what it is. And I am glad I did, because it blew me away.

Listened with headphones on both vinyl and Apple Hi-Res Lossless and both sounded incredible - the production is miles better than BoS.

New Maiden is rare. Enjoy it while you can, because suddenly it’s over. Take art for what it is, and find enjoyment in the beauty. Accept the the parts of the album that you don’t like, and let it act as contrast to the parts you like, let it elevate and enhance the good parts even further - without becoming frustrated (because it doesn’t help you to be, it’s not like the band is gonna change anything).

I can’t wait to dive in again later today.

Royal Mail arrived early this morning; Senjutsu did not arrive with them.

Here's hoping Music Glue use a different courier.

Just need to get this out there: Magnificient album. Absolutely magnificent. Masterpiece. I tried so hard to not have any expectations and take the album for what it is. And I am glad I did, because it blew me away.

Listened with headphones on both vinyl and Apple Hi-Res Lossless and both sounded incredible - the production is miles better than BoS.

New Maiden is rare. Enjoy it while you can, because suddenly it’s over. Take art for what it is, and find enjoyment in the beauty. Accept the the parts of the album that you don’t like, and let it act as contrast to the parts you like, let it elevate and enhance the good parts even further - without becoming frustrated (because it doesn’t help you to be, it’s not like the band is gonna change anything).

I can’t wait to dive in again later today.
Great post. I am trying this too. It is not easy because I'm not a fan of some sections which are recycled or repeated a bit too often, but on this album there is a multitude of wonderful moments. That certainly helps! These moments lift up the very same songs, they carry the whole album. The bad is outbalanced by the good. Big time. That is the remarkable thing with this album for me.

They did not manage that in such a good manner on most previous albums by this line-up where we had songs with cringing vocals (TBOS), lesser music (including repetition, unoriginality) that dominated these particular songs thus affecting the albums (DOD, TFF, TBOS and to a lesser extent because only one song: BNW).

Of course, all is still fresh now, I may become more critical later on, but my current feel about the album, feels like a good start.

Last edited:
I feel like any critic who would give this release a significent negative lashing has a specific grudge out for Maiden, I can understand not being a fan of Senjutsu but to say it's anything close to a bad album is madness

I like Martin but I don’t think I want to watch the video. It will just feature the same criticisms of 20th Century Maiden. I just want to enjoy the album without critics slamming it.

I have woken up grumpy today!
Just don't watch it. Gk1 shared it. Predictable, out of balance negativity.

One look at the face on that screenshot.
"Nope".

From the title track lyrics:
''Survive on ledges bitten in dust
Knowledge and virtue is stricken by lust
Really believe that they're coming for us
Dancing on graves
Of those who bled for us
''

from Hell On Earth lyrics:
''You dance on the graves who bled for us
Do you really think they'll come for us
Knowledge and virtue taken by lust
Live on the edge of those that you trust
''

Nice trick, Steve! :applause:

Just don't watch it. Gk1 shared it. Predictable, out of balance negativity.
Hold your horses there mate. Am I supposed to be the unbalanced negative creep? I do not care about people not agreeing with my opinion but I never did a personal attack to anyone. If this was directed at me I am not going to tolerate it!

I find the huge majority of his posts insanely negative, and because it irrates me, I have decided to put him on my ignore list.
This way I hope to get less personal.

I like Martin but I don’t think I want to watch the video. It will just feature the same criticisms of 20th Century Maiden. I just want to enjoy the album without critics slamming it.

I have woken up grumpy today!
He did not even give it a bad ranking.

Back