Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

About Steve's "trilogy" at the end, I feel like:

The Parchment sounds like an '80s 'Arry epic
Death of the Celts sound like a '90s 'Arry epic
Hell on Earth sounds like a reunion 'Arry epic
I think all three have parts that could fit in particular eras but as complete songs they definitely match to the Reunion era (IMO)

Did someone back in the gallery call CELTS boring?
Everyone has their opinion. But Celts is godda**!! Huge!!!!!
I was attempting to first listen to the album sitting.. but CELTS got me up out of the chair and moshing with the furniture.
Right now, although early…. CELTS and darkest are my top 2. The title track rocks heavy but doesn’t close. Too much sing along at the end of Senjutsu… it needs another verse. But it is mighty as well.!!!

I suspect it was the lads he was in contact with around Christmas 2018 that are thanked.
And he has been in touch with Blaze sporadically through the years, and they have met at some gigs a few times as well.
He received a thank you from the whole band in the Ed Hunter album though, but a nice gesture to thank him once more, if this were to be the final release.

Anyone in the US able to find the album on vinyl in stores?

Kevin Shirleys notebook. Seems Senjutsu was once titled The Great Wall.
I wonder what they had in mind as the album title then. Because I doubt that they would have called it The Great Wall, especially in 2019. Were they going to choose another song to be the title track?

The Writing on the Wall seems the most clear album title to me. I imagine they changed their mind upon seeing the samurai-Eddie art coming in...

I mean, it looked cooler than a wall with some writing.

Did someone back in the gallery call CELTS boring?
Everyone has their opinion. But Celts is godda**!! Huge!!!!!
I was attempting to first listen to the album sitting.. but CELTS got me up out of the chair and moshing with the furniture.
Right now, although early…. CELTS and darkest are my top 2. The title track rocks heavy but doesn’t close. Too much sing along at the end of Senjutsu… it needs another verse. But it is mighty as well.!!!
Yeah, me.

The intro is cool, but the rest of it... It's about as by the numbers as you can get. By the middle, well they may as well be covering Stonehenge.

Back