Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I'm quite interested in the title track. Opening the album with those war drums and going into a heavy groove reminiscent of industrial/tool style stuff from what the reviews say. I don't think it'll be like anything we've heard from Maiden before.

And judging from the drum sound that is part of the in the studio videos, the intro is going to be special

From all the song titles, which song to you is the most mysterious, a "dark horse"? To me it's The Parchment, the longest album song. If I am not mistaken, it will contain no chorus. I think it will have some in depth storytelling lyrics, maybe in the vein of Book of Souls song. About children being killed by king Herodot orders, or something similar. I imagine it being very complex and with many different sections.

Bruce said he played the album (without permission...) for some people and they "absolutely loved" Parchment...
"Despite repetitions", he was impressed himself... "it moves around" he said.
link:

Personally I also think it might be a surprise...

Having heard the two songs, I got no desire for the album leaking. And seeing the sound deviation I might have to find a decent home cinema to listen to the actual CD, that I think I am gonna buy after all.

that's really makes me wonder what's the f*ck Steve thinking about, why he choose to add Dickinson vocals above roaring crowd.

He made a statement at the time, because the crowd was so big they were out of time with the song and he thought it sounded shit, so he covered it up.

I second you on this. People demand an album and the first thing they find are the flaws. It’s kind of funny how the few flaws easily outweigh the good stuff. Fine Shirley might not be as great as Birch but the production isn’t as bad as making the album unbearable to listen. And like put your point out there but don’t sound like a douche bag.

Even worse than that, they look for "flaws", someone on the official forum was moaning about a strumming pattern being different in one chorus than the other, instead of thinking what any reasonable person would, i.e. "what a cool bit of variety", instead this guy has a rant about the "fuck up"

Even worse than that, they look for "flaws", someone on the official forum was moaning about a strumming pattern being different in one chorus than the other, instead of thinking what any reasonable person would, i.e. "what a cool bit of variety", instead this guy has a rant about the "fuck up"
He said he wished it did not bug him and this is how he listens to studio albums.I dont' see it as bitching, it is something that is more or less OCD related. I see no bad intent there.

From all the song titles, which song to you is the most mysterious, a "dark horse"?
I would say the two ''different songs'' for Maiden - the title track and ''Darkest Hour''. It seems the former will be a real surprise and the latter will be a ballad. Can't wait to hear those two and the whole album, ofc.

People like to be special.
Is this really necessary now? I was the one who noticed that change in the Stratego thread and people accuse me of having OCD, which is really not cool. I never tried to push my view on others, is it really too much to ask that people at least respect the views of others?

No worries, my next post will be on topic again.

Last edited:
Srfc, now You complain, that others do complain. And me... I complain, that You complain, that others do complain. :D :applause: :ninja:

Yep, I need to relax a bit.

A lot of the time I do the "type out an angry reply but then don't bother to hit the post button", as a form of catharsis, get the angry thoughts off my chest but ultimately don't engage in futile internet guff.

But sometimes the button does get pressed:lol: If we weren't in a new album hype period the button would definitely be getting pressed less.

Is this really necessary now? I was the one who noticed that change in the Stratego thread and people accuse me of having OCD, which is really not cool. I never tried to push my view on others, is it really too much to ask that people at least respect the views of others?

No worried, my next post will be on topic again.
Please don't take it the wrong way. I say the same thing about myself (I got OCD lol), as I get stuck in details other people do not hear/see. I did not mean that you got OCD, neither the people that replied to your previous post. It was just good fun!

Back