Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

On TRATB Bruce struggles vocally (it's Steve's fault, bad lyric writing) but instrumental section towards the end is more than simply GREAT. On TBOS Tour this song was very nice and welcome. :) All in all, I think TBOS tour may be the last of the great album tours. Everything about this tour was very redeeming and uplifting. Bruce healthy again, great intro song, great stage drapes, great song setlist. I have fond memories about this tour. We'll see how Senjutsu will turn out. Waiting game.

They have for sure a lot of some old and rare videos and photos so they post from time to time, share some interesting stories.

From 2000 to 2010 they were so active with a lot of stuff, I was expecting that in the era of YT and social media that we are going to have some really good Maiden stuff, but in last few years nothing special.

Maiden is not just buy a new album go on a concert and that is it, becase that is how their Instagram looks, and YT channel is one big zero, ok that Adrian clip for Gangland is great, I want more material like that.
Yeah it could be great to see more ARCHIVAL stuff from them to be published anyway.

I know when I open up my copy of Senjutsu for my first listen, even if the songwriting, playing, and production is top-notch, I'll be sitting there thinking "This could have been so much better if they had just tweeted about it more!"
Personally, I think Powerslave sucks. They didn't even tweet once about it upon its release! Really put a dampener on my enjoyment, so now I hate it.

Personally, I think Powerslave sucks. They didn't even tweet once about it upon its release! Really put a dampener on my enjoyment, so now I hate it.
Exactly. Glad to hear that. On similar note - I prefer my cars without airbags, 80s should be benchmark for marketing AND car safety

I am not expecting guys from band to be active in social media, but there are some people who are getting paid for that, and the people who are doing marketing for Iron Maiden are the worst one in industry. And these guys are getting paid for doing nothing.
I think the hype was enough. If a video for the new single and announcement of the new album with full details is not enough, I don't know what is.
And how many bands will do such a big campaign with hints/clues for their single...

Honestly, Maiden don't need great marketing. They will always sell albums, tours, merch..., it's not a problem for them (like during their whole career). For example, the sentence ''new album from Maiden'' alone is enough to make a hype for months ahead.

- the only plausible thing they can do now (given the short time) is to release a second single.

So a band that has been around since the late 70's and has been selling out concerts right up before the pandemic, along with being considered among most the greatest metal band that ever lived needs more marketing for their 17th album? The same band that became popular without the help of mainstream media in the 80's now needs extensive marketing in 2021 when everyone has an iPhone with internet in their hands? They released a video along with a song. They announced the album. They showed us the album cover. They put up several formats up for pre-order along with pictures of each. What else do we need?

You remembered how heavily they were promoting SBIT tour, with Bruce as pilot, they were on every news in all around the world, they were in a lot of interviews and at some point most popular in the world for sure, and they eveng got that Brit award.

But all because of promotion and marketing that tour was turning point for Maiden and after that they are selling out big arenas without any promotion, but what after that? Lets put our money for marketing only beers, West Ham and video game.

I am not happy as a fan that we dont have more Maiden stuff like before, I dont care about beer, West Ham kits or that stupid game. I just want new part of History doc. or more interviews, or some behind scene from tour or studio, and social media is perfect for that kind of content.

I am not expecting guys from band to be active in social media, but there are some people who are getting paid for that, and the people who are doing marketing for Iron Maiden are the worst one in industry. And these guys are getting paid for doing nothing.
The guys from Judas Priest say 'hold my beer'....

Seriously though, they have done the hype for the new album. Lots of it. The release is only a month away. There still might be a thing or two coming but not needed IMO

The guys from Judas Priest say 'hold my beer'....

Seriously though, they have done the hype for the new album. Lots of it. The release is only a month away. There still might be a thing or two coming but not needed IMO
I agree, this promotion for TWOTW was amazing.

It's also helpful to remember we are less than 30 days from the album being released. I know time seems to be moving slowly, it always does after the initial rush of the newness starts to wear off. People complained of the exact same things in 2015 (no news, not enough press, etc) - September 3 will be here before we know it. Then there will be more than enough to talk about.

And I too also wish we'd see more official archival stuff from the band, but at some point I have to imagine they've done a bit of a cost analysis on those kind of projects and have, unfortunately, declined to advance any further with those for now. Complain about beer and the video games (and yeah, I don't really care about them either), but they probably bring in more money. Sad but true.

I keep saying we will have another Eddies Archive one day.

Now I am just comparing.

From 2000 to 2010 we got:
4 studio albums
RiR, BoH, BBC, DOTR, Early Days, LAD and Flight 666 !!!

Also VOB, Classic Album, B side, a lot of compilations albums and all these side materials on DVD-s, a lot of good stuff.

Even there was a NML EP and album singles were having a really good content, and Bruce solo album.

From 2011 to 2021:

2 studio albums
En Vivo, very good
ME, very good
Live Chapter and NOTD, we all can agree these are not live albuma as per Maiden standard. One very bad compilation album, few singles without any extra material. British lion, Bruce spoken word tour, Adrian fishing book, beer and video game.

So are we as fans deserved this material in last 10 years? In last 10 they are bigger than ever, but for some reasone they are not so active like before, and they cant even mixed a normal live album anymore.

Also, worth pointing out that -
2000 - 2010 - money made from record/DVD sales
2011 - now - no money made from record/DVD sales

Maiden is a business. They'd release material if they deemed it worthy and if it made financial sense to do so. As fans we should be thankful they actually do release new material, it would be really reaaaaaaally easy for them just to tour and not release anything new.

Fans aren't entitled to anything really, it's not our band.

Back