Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Red And The Black was great to hear live in concert..I've loved that song anyways even if it has segments of repeats.
Hopefully one of the epics could have some really epic bass like he did intro to "Blood On The Worlds Hands".
I have really high hopes for the album, it will be outstanding.

TRATB reused BOTWHs bass intro,right? TBH even thinking of another TRATB like song makes me wonna kill myself!

Beast over Hammersmith and the BBC archives have been added to their spotify. Or I think so, never seen it before there. In case someone wanted to know :lol:

No more lies The Red and The Black! Everything about it is so bad! The unnecessary intro and outro sections, the stupid whoa chorus, the song structure that cuts and pastes - everything!

...yes, my favourite Maiden songs are Fear of the Dark, The Trooper and Phantom of the Opera. Why do you ask?

Beast over Hammersmith and the BBC archives have been added to their spotify. Or I think so, never seen it before there. In case someone wanted to know :lol:
BOH was added last year. I've not spotted the other BBC archives on there though.

EDIT: Oh I see them now.

Last edited:
No more lies The Red and The Black! Everything about it is so bad! The unnecessary intro and outro sections, the stupid whoa chorus, the song structure that cuts and pastes - everything!

...yes, my favourite Maiden songs are Fear of the Dark, The Trooper and Phantom of the Opera. Why do you ask?
Custom title fits you very well.

It's good song BUT the alt title is 'the strain' and it's about vocal performance. That's the only problem that I have with this song.

Custom title fits you very well.

It's good song BUT the alt title is 'the strain' and it's about vocal performance. That's the only problem that I have with this song.
No need to get personal!

If you haven't heard people complaining about all of the aspects I mentioned then you haven't spent enough time on this forum.

On the bright side since playing the Harris epic seem to be mandatory I just hope they will play the best at least now they have more to choose ;)
I'm sure they will play at least one of the four Harris epics (or at most two).

No need to get personal!

If you haven't heard people complaining about all of the aspects I mentioned then you haven't spent enough time on this forum.
That was just a joke - sorry if it touched you in a wrong way. :)

I heard them and I will say same thing that I've said then - BS. It's hard to find post-reunion song that's objectively bad and the red and the black is for sure not one of these songs.

I am not expecting guys from band to be active in social media, but there are some people who are getting paid for that, and the people who are doing marketing for Iron Maiden are the worst one in industry. And these guys are getting paid for doing nothing.

They're creative if they want to be. WotW promo was great, same with Senjutsu reveal - good and engaging fun for fans but without follow-up which is Digital Marketing 101.

Been listening to TWOTW (the Spotify mix) almost every day since the premiere. It grew so much for me!!!!

It has pretty much of those little hooks Maiden made me fall in love with them for life 32 years ago: lyrics, arrangements, rasps in Bruce's voice, full (!!!) guitar surround, small licks by Steve here and there (not just playing the basic tone), really nice guitar sound, even a bass drum triplet once or twice by Nicko. Bruce is not drowned in the mix unlike AMOLAD and despite the lack of vocal harmonies, the chorus sounds great.

And the solos: huuuuuge solo by Adrian over those spacey chords. Dave's solo sounds well thought and Janick's licks sound so sweet. Actually I didn't see anyone mention that Jan plays solo licks in the end of the song - 5:17 onwards!

I am not expecting guys from band to be active in social media, but there are some people who are getting paid for that, and the people who are doing marketing for Iron Maiden are the worst one in industry. And these guys are getting paid for doing nothing.
What exactly do you suggest they should be doing?

I totally agree about TRATB. It's one overlong mess. Really hope for stronger epics on the new album!

I totally agree about TRATB. It's one overlong mess. Really hope for stronger epics on the new album!
I think you've misunderstood my post, mate. I like The Red And The Black; the point I was making is that most of the criticisms people level at it are just tropes of Harris' songwriting and apply to a lot of his songs, including fan favourite ones.

Reactions: jcv
So a band that has been around since the late 70's and has been selling out concerts right up before the pandemic, along with being considered among most the greatest metal band that ever lived needs more marketing for their 17th album? The same band that became popular without the help of mainstream media in the 80's now needs extensive marketing in 2021 when everyone has an iPhone with internet in their hands? They released a video along with a song. They announced the album. They showed us the album cover. They put up several formats up for pre-order along with pictures of each. What else do we need?

What exactly do you suggest they should be doing?

They have for sure a lot of some old and rare videos and photos so they post from time to time, share some interesting stories.

From 2000 to 2010 they were so active with a lot of stuff, I was expecting that in the era of YT and social media that we are going to have some really good Maiden stuff, but in last few years nothing special.

Maiden is not just buy a new album go on a concert and that is it, becase that is how their Instagram looks, and YT channel is one big zero, ok that Adrian clip for Gangland is great, I want more material like that.

Back