Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

So, wait a minute..just sometime ago I was thinking..
Did they now actually kill the hype and this is moment where nothing happens and isn't teased at all?
Will there be anything more to Bellshazzar's Feast?

Did they now actually kill the hype and this is moment where nothing happens and isn't teased at all?
Will there be anything more to Bellshazzar's Feast?
I can't imagine what else there should be. Four weeks away from Friday sounds soon enough for me.

Yup. It's strange - so much hype and now nothing.
All the hypes were leading up to announcements that already have taken place. There was more than two weeks of fun and games with the alternated album covers that lead up to the Senjutsu reveal.

I know the hype and tease ended but it would be so stupid to leave it to nothing (like it is now).
Bruce, if you're reading this I hope you remember tomorrow to tease a bit more.

I can't imagine what else there should be. Four weeks away from Friday sounds soon enough for me.

All the hypes were leading up to announcements that already have taken place. There was more than two weeks of fun and games with the alternated album covers that lead up to the Senjutsu reveal.
I know. But still - big hype machine for single / album reveal and now nothing? This means that hype and interest is dying.

I know. But still - big hype machine for single / album reveal and now nothing? This means that hype and interest is dying.
It can also mean that we live in a time where yesterday's news is tomorrow's olds. Good thing that time still goes on no matter how bored we may be.

My expectations are low and need nothing more.

About the album?

Mine are not low per se but I've adapted them to the times. Maiden has lost the metal chug in the guitar department. They're old, they don't play physically as hard as before, the drums are hit with half the power, the guitars are hit with half the power. The new song is very nice, but it's not exciting at all. I've felt that since the first listen.

If you had chance to listen to several seconds of riffs for the new Megadeth album, that's pretty metal. Very heavy. Maiden's single on the other hand is 100% hard rock. Like one YTer said "oh a cock rock guitar riff, is this Bon Jovi".

IM17 will be 'progressive hard rock' and I just hope it 1) sounds good 2) has consistent songwriting.

I had hopes that Smith would balance his Smith/Kotzen light bluesy stuff with some serious metal approach here, maybe bring out the KV1 and chunk out some late 90s riffs, doesn't seem to be happening.

Then again, the Harris stuff might be heavy it might be even fast. Who knows. He is absolutely the most talented songwriter in the band. Also Gers is fundamentally playing the same while both Smith and Murray have changed their right hand approach to rock and roll ergonomics. I hope Gers spits out some fast riffs if these two won't.

This definitely. They should let it continue and not die out. If hype and interest dies then it might certainly mean not so good things.
Basic things about marketing and such..it won't work if interest dies out. There's too long time until the album comes out if they don't do anything.
There won't be total silence until the album is released.

Last edited:
Great post @Zare. My initial feeling for TWOTW was sincere enthusiasm. And I truly believed that it was the best first single since long time -precisely since BQOBD.

Now I see what you mean. First days impression aside, I'm not sure that I rate it better than the Wickerman, Briggs or even El Dorado.

I had hopes that Smith would balance his Smith/Kotzen light bluesy stuff with some serious metal approach here, maybe bring out the KV1 and chunk out some late 90s riffs, doesn't seem to be happening.

Myself with every record since AMOLAD I had hopes for a tour de force song similar to Thousands Suns.
Or at least more songs per album with solid and to the point compositions as The Fallen Angel & Lord of Light.

It's so thrilling to wait, the first song was so promising (it was so nice to watch the announcement and first transmission of TWOTW when the song started, I could hardly sit still and listen as it was so fucking good) and I can't just help but think what kind of epics 'Arry has prepared for us?

Dear god not another Red and the Black, please no.
Red And The Black was great to hear live in concert..I've loved that song anyways even if it has segments of repeats.
Hopefully one of the epics could have some really epic bass like he did intro to "Blood On The Worlds Hands".
I have really high hopes for the album, it will be outstanding.

Back