Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

People said Bruce sounded strained on AMOLAD? I don't remember it like that nor do I agree. His belting is awesome throughout.

Well I'm not sure if people actually said that kind of stuff about AMOLAD - hence the question mark! With TFF there was definitely more or less that around, but I was merely underlining that those particular complaints have been around for some time.

I definitely agree about Bruce's performance on AMOLAD - one of my very favourite records overall!

Well I'm not sure if people actually said that kind of stuff about AMOLAD - hence the question mark! With TFF there was definitely more or less that around, but I was merely underlining that those particular complaints have been around for some time.

I definitely agree about Bruce's performance on AMOLAD - one of my very favourite records overall!
That was definitely the case with TFF, because well, the quality of singing is substantially less refined than on AMOLAD. The chorus to Mother of Mercy is probably the worst belting ever recorded by Bruce. Yikes. It does not sound good.

The real prize is the USA #1. They haven’t had one yet.
Don't think it will happen, but it would be amazing to see that more than 40 years since their debut. I think TBOS was their best performance worldwide and still couldn't catch top 3 in the US.

1627158543604.png

For me, i’m a collector. It’s less about the contents and more about something cool to put on my Iron Maiden shelf.

That said, this box set really only would appeal to collectors.
Ok. I have Eddie's Archive. I collect some Maiden stuff. But not every puppet, every poster. This has no substance at all imo.

Ok. I have Eddie's Archive. I collect some Maiden stuff. But not every puppet, every poster. This has no substance at all imo.

Come on, let's not deprive others from having fun with this. Of course if you were a new fan to Maiden this box would be exctiitng. Imagine if they released a super deluxe A Real Live One box back in 1993, how much would you want it? Even if it was just some trinkets and some extra artwork. It would be damn fantastic to own :D

When i discovered Maiden, I was in high school back in 1994. I could only afford cassette tapes out of my allowance back then. Now I feel like I can splurge a little at whatever they issue because they have been such a big part of my life in terms of music.

I agree it’s not for everyone. Maiden means a lot to me, a whole lot more than 98% of my own family even. So there’s a lot of sentimental value for me and if there’s more I can do or have to be apart of their universe, then I try to do so.

Back